Author Topic: Avatwo!  (Read 3150 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Avatwo!
« on: January 22, 2010, 12:28:39 PM »

Look what I found!

YAY!

I can't stop being all excited for this. =D
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Avatwo!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 06:28:51 PM »
That's awsome.  Avatar was such a great movie I can't wait for the sequel now. ;D

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 05:29:20 AM »
Makes me depressed....sequels aren't ever as good as the first, witness the Matrix and X-men. And where do they go with the story line from here? Tribal war? No, he's Torak Makto and the last one put an end to a huge tribal war, his title carries the weight to do the same. Does the corporation come back? Unlikely that they could succeed, they would have to land, establish a base AND THEN carry out the annihilation of the Navi.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 06:38:06 AM »

Generally I agree with you Kaz, but the sequels Cameron has done in the past have been good.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 11:08:12 PM »
I would have to agree that sequels aren't usually good.  Also it's true where could they go from the end of Avatar.  They could of course have a secret alien race that decides to attack all of a sudden.

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 06:44:18 AM »
Wait, I got it... hundreds of years (further) in the future, the Na'vi have begun mining operations on Earth, where they must link to human avatar bodies in order to survive the atmosphere.

After ten minutes they all get bored and go back to their much cooler planet.

This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 12:28:50 AM »
Yeah, that's pretty much how that story would work.

Jexral

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Blog!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 09:54:35 AM »
<shrug>  I dunno.  I thought the first one wasn't that great.

Groundbreaking, sure.  Best CGI that the world has ever seen and, from what I hear, fantastic use of 3D (I am blind in one eye, and thusly unable to view 3D images).  But, the writing was sub-par at best.

It was like it had the budget of an epic along the lines of Gone With the Wind, Ben-Hur, Dances With Wolves, or Laurence of Arabia - but had the script of some sappy Lifetime movie.  I dunno.  It was disappointing, so I can only imagine that the sequel will be equally disappointing, and probably won't be nearly as revolutionary. 
Truth is treason in the empire of lies.

MaeLavanya

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Adonalsium.net
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 11:17:54 AM »
I absolutely loved Avatar and am excited that there's coming a sequel! Even if it won't be as good as the first one (and I think it can't be as good as the first one was pretty much brilliant), it is still awesome to see and learn more about Pandora and the Na'vi.

And I have a crush on the Jake-avatar. What can I say, I like blue >_>
You know you want to join us at Adonalsium.net!