Author Topic: Facebook Arses  (Read 2600 times)

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
Facebook Arses
« on: January 21, 2010, 10:46:22 PM »
There is a group on Facebook called "F*ck the Troops" and they wish death on our vets and ppl in the military. I do not support America's "Police of the World" mentality and by extension several wars we have been in, I DO however support our troops and this was uncalled for.... everyone should join the petition to get them off facebook!
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
Re: Facebook Arses
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 10:53:24 PM »
That just sounds unnecessary (on their part).

while i dont agree as well with the war and the, as you said, "police the world" mentality, i dont see that as any reason to desire death for our troops, and is really not a good attitude on their part.

That being said, I honestly can't support a petition against them, because they're allowed to believe what they believe in and feel what they feel. It's their (rather crappy) view on things, but they have every right to them.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 11:10:11 PM »
Based on hear say (and could very likely be made up) they also told a women who was married to a marine that they hope she dies after she gets her husbands body back in a pine box. So no this is overboard and past freedom of speech, i've heard of threats going both ways meaning their actions endanger themselves and others which makes it the responsibility of the government to step in and prevent possible violence.... and b/c this is private they can and probably should be removed just b/c the first admendment doesn't apply.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 11:16:56 PM »
I think we should leave talking about Facebook squabbles, especially ones started by trolls, on Facebook.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 11:39:37 PM »
Are you kidding? this is the BEST place to talk about facebook happenings! :D

Now, if you're ready, we'll be begin.

This is the trial for "Good manners v. Facebook trolls" with his honorable Judge Eero presiding.

You may all be seated.

Now, would the plantiff, one Kaz "meanace to society" Kazzinton please step forth?
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 04:38:06 AM »
That just sounds unnecessary (on their part).

while i dont agree as well with the war and the, as you said, "police the world" mentality, i dont see that as any reason to desire death for our troops, and is really not a good attitude on their part.

That being said, I honestly can't support a petition against them, because they're allowed to believe what they believe in and feel what they feel. It's their (rather crappy) view on things, but they have every right to them.

^^
This
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 05:23:49 AM »
Kaz, Antagonist of the Ages, steps forth "The right to believe is not necessarily the right to speak, your Honor" :P