Author Topic: Alcatraz 3 *spoilers* (maybe)  (Read 6308 times)

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: Alcatraz 3 *spoilers* (maybe)
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2010, 07:36:51 PM »
Personally from what I gathered during the epilog in the second book I think he kills himself. Or well a part of himself. In it he explains that the young him was getting replaced peice by peice (like the ship of thesus) until there was nothing left of the original. He is now a copy...a fake.

I don't know... :-\

I thought that the epilogue there merely was about the changes Alcatraz was going through.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Bastille

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2010, 10:02:09 PM »
Bastille! You're back!

And it makes a lot of sense that Grandpa Smedry is the one who is killed. Unfortunately.

Thanks! Been busy babysitting siblings will dad's gone in Germany. Not much time anymore between swimming, family and school! hahaha!

Grandpa Smedry, if it had to be anyone, would have to go. He's like what over 100. Also it would be a big blow to the characters which would be a challenge.

The other post was just me thinking.
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2010, 12:10:04 AM »
If anyone dies, I'm betting it's Bastille (sorry my dear.  And you just came back too.)

Grandpa would be too cliche.  Plus, we already know she dies.  It would be so in series to have her actually die when you think he hasn't.  I mean, look at the firebringer's lens from the first book.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2010, 11:56:58 AM »
Unfortunately Bastille would be my second choice to go... :( It's just that Alcatraz and Bastille are starting to like each other...
Nothing gold can stay.

TheCloserOfDoors

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2010, 04:45:57 AM »
I feel really horrible doing this. Maybe i shouldn't. Ok fine, I will. Does anything...interest worthy happen between Alcatraz and Bastille? I'm not talking about them getting locked in a dark bedroom and doing obscene things but...at least a hug? Bonding of any kind whatsoever?
Ever since I started reading the Alcatraz series I couldn't help but quietly root for him and Bastille in some unused corner in the back of my cerebellum. But totally innocent stuff! *shudders* I'm not that creepy but still. Anything? Or just ignore me, I think I'd feel better about myself if you did.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2010, 05:44:26 AM »
Book 4.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2010, 01:04:06 AM »
well, that's intersting... ;)
Nothing gold can stay.