Author Topic: So There is Going to be a Mistborn Flick....  (Read 12978 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: So There is Going to be a Mistborn Flick....
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 10:25:44 AM »

Best information I can find about the company is here.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

sporkify

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 11:09:13 AM »
Under no circumstances should Keanu Reeves be let near this.
Gorram Frakking Woolhead!

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 02:47:26 PM »
I don't know if it is odd that Palloppa pictures does not have a website. Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio have production companies and I don't think they have websites.

I think Pallopa is a startup formed by a couple of friends from the press release. I am willing to bet what they do is develop a script and try to sell it to a production company or a studio. I have read that it can 2-3 years of re-writes on a script before a studio buys it or the option can pass and it goes no where.

Most options are not made into movies. I think an option is the write to develop your copywright into a movie for a certain number of years. Then it can lapse. They either pay you more money or you can option it to someone else.

Then if it gets made into a movie/TV, etc... the author gets a new contract worth more money. Most authors appear to not be involved at all in the script writing. Terry Goodkind has stated publicly he is not being consulted. This is probably in large part because novel writing is very different than script writing. Scripts are much shorter and faster paced and alot of mechanisms you use in novels don't exist. Plus studios/directors probably want experienced script writers since script writing appears to be far more collaboritive than novel writing.
That being said. I think George RR Martin wrote the script for HBO. However, he has a long background in TV writing. so that is different.

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 02:48:28 PM »
Does Brandon post on these forums anymore? I think he wrote that he writes 14 hours/day. That is alot with a 2 year old. Then again it appears that he has wanted to be a writer for a long time so it is his dream.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 03:02:11 PM »
Does Brandon post on these forums anymore? I think he wrote that he writes 14 hours/day. That is alot with a 2 year old. Then again it appears that he has wanted to be a writer for a long time so it is his dream.

Last Active:   January 04, 2010, 02:18:04 PM

He certainly seems to lurk the forums if not post in them. I haven't seen a post from him in some time.

Honestly, since I've been around about a year and a half, I've seen very few posts from him in all.

Though, ook posts quite often, and I'm sure he knows exactly as much as brandon on any given subject (being his assistant and all) so we may as well be getting it "straight from the horses mouth" so to speak when he says anything.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Link von Kelsier Harvey XXIV

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 05:42:39 PM »
Though, ook posts quite often, and I'm sure he knows exactly as much as brandon on any given subject (being his assistant and all) so we may as well be getting it "straight from the horses mouth" so to speak when he says anything.

Guessingo, Peter Ahlstrom used to post under the name Ookla the Mok, just so you don't wander the boards for hours looking for Ook.  Like Eerongal said, Peter knows all.
Your signature has got to go!
-Peter Ahlstrom

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 05:57:34 PM »

Guessingo, Peter Ahlstrom used to post under the name Ookla the Mok, just so you don't wander the boards for hours looking for Ook.  Like Eerongal said, Peter knows all.

Yeah, i should probably really get out of the habit of calling him "ook", probably generates confusion.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 06:39:17 PM »
Under no circumstances should Keanu Reeves be let near this.

bahaha... I totally agree. And neither should Vin Diesel. *shudder*
"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible" - Jonathan Swift

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 09:43:06 PM »
Chaos knows all!!!! Though getting him to talk will be difficult... and Eerongal why wouldn't you generate confusion?
I sincerely hope that if we ever do see a finished product that the special effects are ground breaking! I mean I can't see Mistborn on a 2 million dollar budget, it just wouldn't be right. That being said, i don't care who the actors are so long as they can act, they don't need to waste money on popular dolts like Meagan Fox.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2010, 09:48:10 PM »
... and Eerongal why wouldn't you generate confusion?

Good point. I hadn't considered that angle, but it's a perfectly valid counter argument. You win this debate, good sir!
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 09:56:23 PM »
Very cool. I definitely hope this actually gets made.

I have one request. Milla Jovovich. She's the queen of ass-kickery. She's played Alice(Resident Evil) AND Leeloo(The Fifth Element) and she's gorgeous. It's win win.
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 01:23:27 AM »
Ugh. I said I wouldn't do this. Here goes anyway.

+ Adam Baldwin as Kelsier (or Christian Bale, if they could get him)
+ Neil Patrick Harris as Dockson
+ John Travolta as Breeze (they'd never get him for that role, but he's perfect for it)
+ Brendan Gleeson (Mad-eye Moody) as Clubs
+ Summer Glau would indeed make a great Vin...at least for the first book. I've never seen her play a "normal" character, so I'm not sure she could pull off the better-adjusted Vin of book 3.
+ I still think Vin Diesel would make a great Lord Ruler. He'd also do for Marsh, though I don't think you could sell him as Adam Baldwin's brother. :P
+ Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson would do for Ham.
+ I like the idea of Hayden Christensen as Spook (I know, I know...but I thought he actually did as well as anyone could speaking Lucas' craptastic dialog).
+ I'd cast Topher Grace as Elend Venture.

Who am I forgetting? Can you see why I say I stink at these games? ;D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 01:25:42 AM by ryos »
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

neiana

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 04:07:51 AM »
Ugh. I said I wouldn't do this. Here goes anyway.

+ Adam Baldwin as Kelsier (or Christian Bale, if they could get him)

If Christian Bale is part of this movie I won't watch it.  I've never seen him in any fashion other than the "wow he makes me want to puke".  On the other hand, Adam Baldwin would be hella cool but I don't think he fits the role too well.  My initial instinct, quite likely to never occur, was Zachary Quinto.  He can certainly pull off the martyred-god type.  Also you could add Nathon Fillion to this list as a great Kelsier, I think.

+ Neil Patrick Harris as Dockson
+ John Travolta as Breeze (they'd never get him for that role, but he's perfect for it)
+ Brendan Gleeson (Mad-eye Moody) as Clubs

heh why not?

+ Summer Glau would indeed make a great Vin...at least for the first book. I've never seen her play a "normal" character, so I'm not sure she could pull off the better-adjusted Vin of book 3.

I honestly wish nobody had mentioned Summer Glau.  I love her to death and I'd love to see her as Vin but now that someone has mentioned it, I can't fathom it being anybody but her.  Problem?  I'm going to be disappointed, now, no matter who it is unless it's her.

+ I still think Vin Diesel would make a great Lord Ruler. He'd also do for Marsh, though I don't think you could sell him as Adam Baldwin's brother. :P

I think he'd do better as Marsh, personally...  Why couldn't we get someone like Christopher Walken to be TLR?  Actually he seems the type of actor who would relish that kind of role ;)

+ Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson would do for Ham.
+ I like the idea of Hayden Christensen as Spook (I know, I know...but I thought he actually did as well as anyone could speaking Lucas' craptastic dialog).

+ I'd cast Topher Grace as Elend Venture.

Dunno who this is so I can't really comment on the match.

Who am I forgetting? Can you see why I say I stink at these games? ;D

One big name sticks out...  Sazed... who, by description, may be best fit by Dwayne Johnson, TBH.

Mellington the loony Gold Misting

• Level 5
  • Hoid's deranged yet cute stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2010, 04:36:05 AM »
I like the inclusion of Firefly vets - Summer Glau is absolutely the only one I can picture as Vin.  Adam Baldwin...you realize that Firefly fans will buy tickets just to see them on screen together and pretend that it's a new (very strange) season of Firefly?

Also, isn't Hayden just a bit too old?  Spook pretty much undergoes puberty in the books.

Dude...I don't think I could imagine Topher at a table of his buddies without there being illegal substances involved.  Somehow I think that this would HURT Vin's interpretation of his bookclub.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2010, 05:02:52 AM »
My initial instinct, quite likely to never occur, was Zachary Quinto.

I don't know about Kelsier, but he'd make a good Zane.

Why couldn't we get someone like Christopher Walken to be TLR?

Too old. The Lord Ruler is described as a young man. Actually, Vin Diesel is also too old, but he looks younger than he is and I think he could pull it off.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 05:08:22 AM by ryos »
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.