Author Topic: So There is Going to be a Mistborn Flick....  (Read 13802 times)

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
So There is Going to be a Mistborn Flick....
« on: January 11, 2010, 11:14:41 PM »
Yeach go read the blog @ brandonsanderson.com if you haven't when your finished post your thoughts here.

P.S. some moron on Facebook asked if it was a joke.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
Re: So There is Going to be a Mistborn Flick....
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 11:30:13 PM »
Nifty.

Now let's start theorizing who's gonna play in it!! :D

I nominate vin diesel to play Vin, on the grounds that his name fits, and it's funny (note that vin will remain female).

Edit: also, i vaguely remember this being talked about somewheres before. Wasn't this mentioned somewhere before, or was it all just theoryland around here?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 11:31:55 PM by Eerongal »
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 11:32:02 PM »

I freaking <3 Vin Diesel. =D

Well there's the fact that Vin was originally a boy, so that could work.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 11:36:29 PM »
The movie option has been mentioned before, but not with any specifics.

P.S. some moron on Facebook asked if it was a joke.
Self-deprecation!
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 11:38:43 PM »
Nope I'm Daniel McGary and said "thank you for the post Peter"
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 11:54:42 PM »
Yeah, sorry, I figured that out just now...
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 12:09:04 AM »
So are they still at the option stage or are they actually making plans to go ahead with the movie?

deathgate

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 12:52:39 AM »
I agree with BS that is more important to have a group that understands the book than a typical Hollywood deal. What I've never understood is why they would pay a lot of money for the movie rights to a book then change the whole thing up until it is virtually indistinguishable from the book.  Really hope this is more in the Lord of the Rings vein where basically an unknown did great things.

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 12:57:18 AM »
*keeping fingers crossed*
"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible" - Jonathan Swift

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 12:59:13 AM »
I hope whoever does it, does not get a HUGE budget. Don't wanna turn this into a CG fest. Mistborn could be kept down to earth when being made. Look at what they can do with Wire-Fu which could be used quite well.
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 02:17:59 AM »
Vin Diesel would make a great Lord Ruler. As for the rest of the cast...well, I'm bad at these games, so I'll leave it to others.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 03:42:23 AM »
This is an option. It is not guaranteed to be made into a movie. Wheel of Time has been optioned before and the books were not made into a movie. Stephen Kings Dark Tower was optioned with a big name director who just quit the project. Dianna Gabaldon said in one of her podcasts that she has been paid $250,000 for options and no movie got made.

I tried to google this Pallopa pictures. They don't even have a website. It sounds like some new company. I really have no idea how development companies work. Do they write the script and then try to sell it to a studio? Does anyone know? My understanding is that this process typically takes several years even if a movie gets made. It can be 2 years just for script revisions. Brad Pitts company has the option on World War Z and if you look at the film for it on wikipedia it has been in revision for something like 2 years with no end in site.

Does anyone know more about how the movie business works and what this development company does. Do they just do the script and then sell it to a studio?

Randomness

• Level 2
  • Lover of checkered Vans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 05:48:30 AM »

I tried to google this Pallopa pictures. They don't even have a website. It sounds like some new company. I really have no idea how development companies work. Do they write the script and then try to sell it to a studio? Does anyone know? My understanding is that this process typically takes several years even if a movie gets made. It can be 2 years just for script revisions.

That does strike me as odd. i did an extensive search on Pallopa, and i came up with nothing. although i doubt anything will go wrong, i do worry that this is some lame, fake deal with Brandon. that would just make more heatbreak for us all... anyway i think the movie would be great.

If we are doing suggestions for vin, i think Summer Glau from Firefly and Serenity would make an amazing vin, but thats just my opinion
thank goodness for sharpie's

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 07:02:44 AM »

Vin Diesel would be an AMAZING Marsh!
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Mellington the loony Gold Misting

• Level 5
  • Hoid's deranged yet cute stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 10:01:53 AM »

I tried to google this Pallopa pictures. They don't even have a website. It sounds like some new company. I really have no idea how development companies work. Do they write the script and then try to sell it to a studio? Does anyone know? My understanding is that this process typically takes several years even if a movie gets made. It can be 2 years just for script revisions.

That does strike me as odd. i did an extensive search on Pallopa, and i came up with nothing. although i doubt anything will go wrong, i do worry that this is some lame, fake deal with Brandon. that would just make more heatbreak for us all... anyway i think the movie would be great.

If we are doing suggestions for vin, i think Summer Glau from Firefly and Serenity would make an amazing vin, but thats just my opinion

I too would love to see Summer Glau (the ultimate cute waif of butt-kickery) as Vin.  I can't imagine anyone else as Vin.