Author Topic: Questions for Brandon :: Hoid's Compendium Interview/Q&A  (Read 10223 times)

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Brandon :: Hoid's Compendium Interview/Q&A
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2010, 08:53:13 PM »
The real effect is known...and rather a let down. It permanently doubles your allomantic strength
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2010, 09:10:50 PM »
But do we know of any Lerasium mines? Is it possible the people living elsewhere in Scadriel have lerasium mines?
RAFO.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Omelethead

• Level 5
  • The Member Formerly Known as Gher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2010, 09:46:34 PM »
But do we know of any Lerasium mines? Is it possible the people living elsewhere in Scadriel have lerasium mines?
RAFO.

Excellent.  ;D

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2010, 01:17:50 AM »

I thought it was confirmed there wouldn't be any more Mistborn? >>'
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Omelethead

• Level 5
  • The Member Formerly Known as Gher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2010, 01:21:35 AM »
I thought I heard the second Mistborn trilogy might involve a Mistborn Serial Killer.

melbatoast

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • My Shelfari Page
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2010, 01:44:47 AM »

I thought it was confirmed there wouldn't be any more Mistborn? >>'

I remember Brandon saying the main characters would be Mistings, but if there is Lerasium kicking around still I guess Mistborn are a possibility?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 08:14:02 PM by melbatoast »
"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." - Louisa May Alcott

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2010, 04:30:14 AM »
WE KNOW!!!!! Peter confirmed it don't argue we you are ignorant, I don't say I KNOW unless I have insignificant chance to be wrong.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2010, 06:59:52 AM »
No, actually, Brandon has said that becoming a mb is actually a side effect.  What it would actually do, we don't know for sure, but he has flat out told me (and I believe it's on the forums some where) that becoming a mb is a side effect.  I could be very wrong, but I SWEAR I heard it somewhere, so unless I get a quote from somewhere else telling me otherwise I'm going to believe it.

Chris, he said that mb would be extremely rare, but not impossible.  They're mostly going to become the thing of legends, but they can still exist.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Link von Kelsier Harvey XXIV

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2010, 07:24:09 PM »
Yeah, but then someone asked him what would happen if a Mistborn burned Lerasium, and he said that it would double their Allomantic strength.  Those that heard were kinda disappointed.  Peter mentioned that maybe "Side effect" wasn't the best way to say it.  I believe this whole thing actually comes from the WoA Annotations.
Your signature has got to go!
-Peter Ahlstrom

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2010, 10:31:28 PM »
Yeah, but then someone asked him what would happen if a Mistborn burned Lerasium, and he said that it would double their Allomantic strength.  Those that heard were kinda disappointed.  Peter mentioned that maybe "Side effect" wasn't the best way to say it.  I believe this whole thing actually comes from the WoA Annotations.

I was the one who asked that and yeah he said it would double their power.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2010, 10:45:36 PM »
It came from the Hero of Ages annotations, actually.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2010, 06:09:04 AM »
WE KNOW!!!!! Peter confirmed it don't argue we you are ignorant, I don't say I KNOW unless I have insignificant chance to be wrong.

Wow, Kaz. Could you have been any more rude?

If someone says something you know is wrong, be nice about the explanation. Being a jerk just gets things heated and I don't think anyone here wants that. Please don't turn this respectable forum into a jerkfest.

Anyway. I think that question about the wish-list tour is awesome. And I would also love to hear more about WoK, but that's also already been mentioned. So pretty much, I'm just seconding (or thirding) other suggestions and offering none of my own... :P  If I think of anything, I'll get back to you, Chris. Maybe here, maybe IM, or maybe I'll switch it up and use something else. Like facebook...Or whatever...
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2010, 06:32:02 PM »
Yes I'm supposed to be polite when offended, not going to happen even if you want me to and i should. Not too mention ignorance is not an insult, if you add up all of man's knowledge you still find we know very little so even as a whole we are ignorant. Now too solely blame me for acting out of line is, point blank, fool-hardy. If I was asked why I made that statement instead of being told you're wrong why would you say that, my response would have been calm. This is not an excuse but merely me telling you to look at both sides, which is what i hate about the US we claim a moral superiority to the rest of the world by doing what you just did. There is always a reason, not necessarily a good one (as in my case) but there is one.

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2010, 02:34:00 AM »
Kaz, I fear you are making a child of yourself.  You may be right that your knowledge comes on good authority, but when you snap at someone for stating a different opinion you don't do any good to anyone, just create harsh feelings and closed-mindedness.  No matter how correct you are or how incorrect someone else is, please keep that in mind.
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?

Red, White, and Joker

• Level 4
  • Jingle bells, Batman Smells...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2010, 03:14:59 AM »
Can we please keep this thread as questions for Brandon? We at Hoid's Compendium are planning on having a Q&A with Brandon soon, and we need questions. Mind, if the answer is already widely known, then yes, answer, but please don't make posts about your feelings, be they being upset because someone told you you were wrong, or calling each other out. While there is a time and place for that, this isn't it. This thread is supposed to be strictly for questions.
¿snoıɹǝs os ʎɥʍ 'ʎllɐǝɹ 'ou no, really, why so serious?