Author Topic: Avatar protest? Ranting  (Read 15421 times)

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Avatar protest? Ranting
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 04:33:25 PM »
Significantly more have come out of the closet since then. Being "gay" is ok now, in most places. Conservative estimates put it at aound 10%, while scientists who have done homosexuality texts in mice believe the average for most species is around 15%.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 05:10:31 PM »
Significantly more have come out of the closet since then. Being "gay" is ok now, in most places. Conservative estimates put it at aound 10%, while scientists who have done homosexuality texts in mice believe the average for most species is around 15%.

A report by the William Institute of sexual orientation in 2007  put the US gay population at about 8.8 million. Using the 2000 census data for population (thus, inflating this percentage, as the population would be higher, so i would see this as a conservative estimate) puts the gay population at about 4%

This is an increase by an estimated 30% over 7 years

You're suggesting that in the past 3 years, this number has changed by 250%
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 06:18:37 PM »
mtlhddoc2 your comment wqs just as bad if you look at eerongal's facts, last i looked 1/3-1/2 is not the same amount and that is just blacks, hispanics are the majority in Dallas... so stop whining about accuracy if you do the same darn thing. Back on topic, why should people who believe it is unethical for religous or other reasons have to put it in their production. I'm not religous or conservative yet i believe it is a psychological disorder, I disagree with the behavior yet still socialize with people who are gay/ lez/ bi. I personally will never include a gay/lez/bi character in anything i write.

(don't try to argue the genetics with me as no sexual orientation gene has been found and the of evidence "supporting" it is disputed. Not to mention bi-polar disorder, note disorder, IS genetic.)
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 06:32:07 PM »
No, Eeron, I am suggesting taht the particular sources are either erroneous or misguided. They dont report homosexuality the way they do, say, homelessness. with the homeless, they estimate the number of people who dont report it. Same should be with homosexuality, at minimum, half that are dont report it.

Kaz: I am not going to argue with you on it at all. You simply cannot convince people who cling to ignorance regardless of the facts in front of them. It is like trying to convince a liberal that raising taxes does not help people. They will never believe it, despite the mountains of evidence.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 06:48:25 PM »
You claim others cling to ignorance?! Damn that's funny! I did that as well when i believed in my own moral superiority and people disagreed... you are doing the same thing in a different manner...it's funny if you look at it one way... though disgusting in a different light. Not to mention your grasp on economics is really bad if you believe in Reaganomics as the current crisis was soley caused by republicans who did.

P.S. I am against both parties and it is foolish to imply that I am either conservative or liberal considering just how moderate I am.... my party is the Radical Moderates Pm me if you wish to join :P

Edit: and on what grounds do you think you have such a better grasp of genetics than everyone else, are you a microbiologist? And if that is the case how the hell do you think you have a better understanding of social sciences? Completely different field! Sounds to me like you have a case of unsupported empty arrogance, typical to the household i was raised in. I on the other hand had the world teach me that i was just as stupid as everyone else and my opinion was no better no worst.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 06:55:20 PM by Six More Weeks of Kaz »
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 08:00:10 PM »
To call homosexulaity a "pychological disorder" is incredibly ignorant. Ther eis ZERO evidence to support that, while there is tons of evidence, and new evidence being discovered every day that homosexuality is no different than brown eyes or blonde hair.

I am a libertarian. In the past 20 years Democrats, not Republicans have controlled the finances of our government and the budget and taxes 14 of those 20 years. Keeps blaming Reaganomics if you would like, but we never had it better and it only got bad when the government went on a spending spree and had to raise taxes. both oparties are guilty. But it is liberal economics that makes it seem like taxing the people you want to support is the right way to go.

Do you know, that I am on government assistance? Yet this year i got hit with an extra tax because, apparently, i am also rich. So I am barely squeaking above the poverty line, yet my taxes increased. Yep, sounds like the Dems know what they are doing.

anyway, I dont believe I am morally superior, in fact, I am not. My morals are ambiguous at best. I am against abortion, vote Republican, nearly every time because the Dems around here are so out of touch, and support the wars, yet even I know that most gay people cannot change any more than i can change my color blindness or deafness. it is genetic. Nearly everything is, including tendencies for criminal behavior, musical skill, and everything in between.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »
I never once supported liberal economics, you keep jumping to conclusions based on zero data! Therefore why should i believe anything you say.... you are kinda stepping on your own tongue, so to speak. And if there was evidence that being gay was genetic they would find a sexual orientation gene... and b/c there is no such gene it can not be found. (if they by some off chance find one i will be the first to raise my hand and say i was wrong) Not too mention the fact that out of my personal expierence i have met more bi polar/ clynically depressed gays (percentage wise) than straights which translates into the possibility of it being a psychological disorder. I do not have the means to survey the populace else i would.

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 12:31:52 AM »
maybe they are depressed because people like you keep telling them they could take a pill and be straight.....

Funny boy, elude to one thing and then switch it and blame me, eh, whatever.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 12:35:29 AM »

I just love being told I'm crazy. =/
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 12:46:58 AM »

I just love being told I'm crazy. =/

Ah, how easy it is to get sidetracked...

You know, over 1% of the population is autistic, according to a commercial I saw the other night.  I think that means that every mainstream fantasy movie is obligated to include an autistic character.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 03:54:38 AM »
You treat disorders Miyabi (not to mention there is atleast 1 bipolar person every generation in my maternal family including my older brother) and just because i disagree with you on this doesn't mean i think little of you. Hell no one would get along with anyone if we had to all agree!

There is about 1% of Anglo-Saxons who happen to be Schizophrenic does that mean we have to include them in movies?

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 03:57:59 AM »
I think fantasy movies make up for the lack of autistic characters by the number of Asperger's people who obsess about their shows and video games and what-not after. I say this as the mother of an Asperger's kid who fights orcs in his spare time.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 03:59:48 AM »

Aspergers?
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2010, 05:35:12 AM »
It's a mild form of autism with particular characteristics.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 12:48:42 AM »
I would put money on you finding more autistic charachters in TV and movies than gay charachters. There were entire shows and movies, mainstream ones, which focused on autistic chatachters. Rarely do you find a gay lead. You find more pedophiles in TV and movies than gay people, and i would hazard a guess that less people are pedophiles than are autistic.