Author Topic: Supid Post Office  (Read 2240 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Supid Post Office
« on: July 19, 2004, 12:47:18 PM »
I am completely infuriated right now. Apparently some jerk told my mail carrier that I had moved. So I've gone two weeks without getting mail. Stuff that I ordered on-line or bills that I was supposed to recieve have all been returned. So now I have collection agencies after me for skipping out on my bills and my credit rating just got shot to pieces. Good thing I'll never make enough money to get a house or car anyways.  >:(
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: Supid Post Office
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 01:11:44 PM »
That's strange. Sounds like identity theft to me. They're not supposed to change your address without your permission.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 02:30:06 PM »
I doubt it's identity theft. All they need to change your address is the information and a signature. I find it very unlikely that they compare the sig they get with a stored database of the acurrate signature.

However, I would call all these places that are after you and explain what happened. Get what you owe and explain that you are mailing the check that day. Most companies just want your money. they don't want to mess up your credit. You might be able to get that cleared up.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 05:52:58 PM »
I've already been contacting people. It's mostly my medical bills where they hit the panic button as soon as they got the bills returned to them empty.

Also you have to realize that this Utah. No one signed anything. Someone just told my mail carrier while he/she was out delivering mail that I didn't live where I do live. So he/she simply took that person at their word and quit delivering my mail.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 07:46:17 PM »
Three words for this.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan