Author Topic: My head hurts  (Read 2313 times)

mbarker

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
My head hurts
« on: November 07, 2009, 01:51:43 AM »
Psst? Lota was keeping track of them, right? Knew all about the potential attempt on its life etc.? So did Lota choose to blow itself up? And if s0, why?

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
Re: My head hurts
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 02:21:20 AM »
If I had to take a guess, I'd say he wanted to curtail the disaster that Pi's mines were sure to create.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 05:16:28 AM »
It doesn't really make sense, does it?  I'm coming up empty here.  Although I will note that Lota indeed uploaded himself to Credomar as quickly as possible.  Sticking in his body really didn't make sense, like I noted.
Nature hates being reified.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 06:24:03 AM »
In light of tomorrow's strip, I'd say it's also possible LOTA just wanted Kevyn to build him a new avatar without having to pay for it. If you think about it, LOTA's original body wasn't very suited to the work of a politician.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 04:22:33 PM »
In light of tomorrow's strip, I'd say it's also possible LOTA just wanted Kevyn to build him a new avatar without having to pay for it. If you think about it, LOTA's original body wasn't very suited to the work of a politician.

All true.  I'm thinking you're right, although Lota wouldn't have been able to pull it off if Kevyn hadn't allowed Pi to get far enough that the almost-accident was even possible.  So perhaps we can say the toughs walked right into it?

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 03:57:28 PM »
Actually, I'm now thinking that Lota deliberately did it so that it wouldn't take out anybody else.  Given how the toughs are reacting to Pi's shenanigans, I think they're all glad Lota took that hit for them.  Lota gets an upgrade, the toughs survive.  No harm, no foul, and just one nutty lieutenant to chew out.  It's a win-win-loose situation, with the loser deserving it.