Author Topic: Nice background music while reading TGS?  (Read 1811 times)

talen

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Nice background music while reading TGS?
« on: October 30, 2009, 10:50:00 PM »
.... and other fantasy books, maybe?

I'm starting TGS right now (... ok I already read 42 pages  ;D) and I'm curious ... do you read TGS (and other fantasy books, maybe) with some kind of background music? What are your preferred genres/artists if you do?

Right now I have Vangelis, "1492" OST but ... I don't know, it just doesn't seems  ... right.

Any advice? :)

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
Re: Nice background music while reading TGS?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 10:57:54 PM »
I usually drop in some Robert Miles and Orbital for WoT. I sometimes mix in some more intense electronica or some with a slightly more vocal centric sound. Dvorak is alright as far as classical goes. I think this book's going to have a little Epik High, Kamelot, and Luca Turilli in it though. I didn't even have those last book, so I'm interested to see what they do to the WoT experience. :D

Looking at this and your introduction, I realize that I bracketed these choices with two artists from your country! Crazy times.

Welcome to the forums!
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

talen

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 11:00:38 PM »
Lol for the geographical choice of suggestions ... and thanks for the welcome :)

Argent

• Level 5
  • Lord
    • View Profile
    • Wowhead
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 10:55:33 PM »
If you can get your hands on the Wheel of Time Soundtrack by Robert Berry, you'll have hard time finding anything more appropriate :)

Of course, you will have to buy that one, but $10 are hardly a challenge for a WoT fan! However if they are an issue, I could recommend WoT Hymns, which is a website with free WoT tracks. They are composed as classical music by a couple of composers, and some of them are really nice finds.
Power doesn't always have to corrupt. In many ways, it can change a man for the better.

Aranfan

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 12:33:31 AM »
I was listening to Eminem's Mosh for most of Rand's scenes.  I dunno, it just felt right.

IngtarWhoStoleChristmas

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 07:26:37 PM »
Peter Gabriel's Passion, it is the score for the last temptation of christ. Completely instrumental.

talen

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 10:38:15 PM »
Sorry, had a problem with the DSL connection, it's been fixed just today ... thanks for all the further suggestions, the "official" OST in particular seems very interesting, Amazon's preview is enticing! Thanks ArgentSun!  :D

EDIT: just bought it online  ;D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 10:54:09 PM by talen »

Argent

• Level 5
  • Lord
    • View Profile
    • Wowhead
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 02:01:02 AM »
You are welcome! I am always glad to make people spend their money on stuff! :D

Check out the free one too, it's got some nice hits as well.
Power doesn't always have to corrupt. In many ways, it can change a man for the better.