Poll

Who should be the new Hero of Ages?

little_wilson
5 (50%)
sortitus
5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: November 02, 2009, 01:09:15 AM

Author Topic: Final Elections for the New Hero of Ages  (Read 21591 times)

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
Final Elections for the New Hero of Ages
« on: October 27, 2009, 01:09:15 AM »
Ok, here we are, the final showdown between our two candidates for Hero of Ages. This is the place to cast your vote. The candidate who receives the most votes will be inaugurated by myself on November 1st. Then they will take over as the Hero of Ages.

The Candidate who receives the second-greatest number of votes will be considered the runner-up Hero of Ages, to do what I am currently doing (filling in as Temporary Hero of Ages) in the event that something should happen to the Hero (Like assassination or impeachment).

If the candidates have anything they would like to say to convince the voters of TWG that they should be the new Hero of Ages, now is the time to do it.

You have 6 days from the time I posted this. Go. (I know, that was a pretty dramatic way to end my awesome speech)
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
Re: Final Elections for the New Hero of Ages
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 01:25:49 AM »
Umm... My avatar's a PNG with transparency, so you can see the forum behind the silhouette. Also, South American rainforests have some of the largest ants in the world. Africa also has some large ants, and other crazy-big insects. That is why you should vote for me.
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 04:20:55 AM »
Good enough for me!

Acctually i voted you in so that next year i will have impeached both Chaos and Chance....
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 06:17:09 PM »
You should vote for me so you won't have to impeach me. I will eventually abdicate my situation of power, so as to save you all the hassle of impeachment.....Yes, I am considerate like that. :)
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 07:31:56 PM »
You can empeach me, but you can never make me enjoy soft and delicious fruit, no matter how much you throw at/soak/show me. Hah!

"Abdicator! That's just several letters away from "bad dictator"," the lawyer observed, resting on his case briefly. No, wait. Briefly case. Resting on his briefly case.
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 09:07:50 PM »
wilson's "valid points" campaign vs. sort's "rubba-dub-dub, vote for me" campaign.

An election for the history books.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 03:56:57 AM »
Wilson tried to corrupt me!!!! The audacity of it all bend the knee Wilson! I am The adversary!!!!!

P.S. if you didn't get that it was an obscure reference of claiming the title, Satan.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 04:43:47 AM »
Come to my side. We have slush funs. Imaginary Slurpees all around!

Incidentally, Rubba Dub-Dub is my DJ name.

On another note, remember not to read Ee's post with an Asian accent. Especially not the last sentence.

Kaz, whose adversary are you? All life's? Those who wish for anti-squishy-dirt-under-the-grass legislation?

Abdicator! That's just several letters away from "bad dictator"...
I support this view wholeheartedly.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 05:32:01 AM »
Abdicator! That's just several letters away from "bad dictator"...
I support this view wholeheartedly.

You make it seem like this is something new, but since you're the one who said it in the first place, this comes as no surprise to me....unless you changed your mind there for a bit. Are you a flip-flopper? Can't figure out where you stand on the important issues? Hmm?

Come to my side. We have slush funs. Imaginary Slurpees all around!

Well, my side has cookies. And cake. And everyone knows cake is better than slurpees...and pie. :) Although, I suppose if someone on my side really wants pie, that can be arranged too. I'm all for giving people options for delicious goodness. It's better than giving them only one choice, like slurpees (note that I am not bashing slurpees, it's just that I don't know many people who are always in the mood for slurpees so being on Sort's side doesn't really sound like much fun. Only slurpees? Meh).
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 08:31:30 AM »
Are you a flip-flopper? Can't figure out where you stand on the important issues? Hmm?
I make my mind up every day. It's an essential part of my daily hygiene routine. Sometimes, when I'm feeling extra-super lazy, I stick with the previous day's mind, but it was made up as well. Just not as recently. What I'm trying to say is that my mind is completely made up.
Only slurpees?
That's not what I said.
sortitus 09
Sometimes he gets lonely too.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 12:38:45 AM »
I find the debate for this election hilarious. Especially when you compare it to the way Chaos and I were debating last year. We both had these huge long posts in which we'd basically twist anything and everything the other had ever said to mean something bad. Here..... it's kind of the same thing, but on a totally different level.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 01:47:11 AM »
Here..... it's kind of the same thing, but on a totally different level.

Yes. This is the level of the short posts. Much better. We're obviously more considerate candidates because we have the voter's interests at heart. Who really wants to read a super-lengthy post bashing the other candidate when they can read a short post twisting the other candidate's words? I'll take the latter any day. Hence, I write the latter. Speaking of which:

I make my mind up every day. It's an essential part of my daily hygiene routine. Sometimes, when I'm feeling extra-super lazy, I stick with the previous day's mind, but it was made up as well. Just not as recently. What I'm trying to say is that my mind is completely made up.

Ah, so you admit to being lazy. I admit to no such thing. My platform is always at the forefront of my thoughts, and I make no excuses putting off my decisions for it til later. Also, it sounds like you don't really get very far in your ideas, since you wake up every morning thinking, "Am I right? Should I change my mind from what I thought yesterday?" My ideas progress because I don't have to rethink them. I know I am right and can therefore further my thoughts.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 12:56:30 AM »
This poll is currently ridiculously close. One candidate has 4 votes and the other has 5. So vote if you want the right person in office!

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 02:17:17 AM »
This poll is currently ridiculously close. One candidate has 4 votes and the other has 5.
Yeah, I'm pulling ahead with my new slogan. Somebody told me that people prefer "issues", "actual discussion", and "sane candidates", not a campaign made entirely of non-sequiturs. As Winston Churchill once said,"."
Ah, so you admit to being lazy. I admit to no such thing.
Sometimes he gets lazy too.
My platform is always at the forefront of my thoughts...
I prefer my platforms underneath and sometimes to the back of me, depending on whether we're talking about public speaking or shoes.
...and I make no excuses putting off my decisions for it til later.
Well, I'm glad you don't make excuses for that. If you did, we'd already be on page five of this thread, Queen of Excuses.
Also, it sounds like you don't really get very far in your ideas, since you wake up every morning thinking, "Am I right? Should I change my mind from what I thought yesterday?"
What you describe truly sounds horrendous. I can't imagine how awful the world would be if people questioned their views every once in a while.
I know I am right and can therefore further my thoughts.
Indeed. DaVinci, for example, was never wrong. He managed great things because he realized at a young age, like most children, that everything was his. "Mine," toddler DaVinci would say. "No, Leonardo, that's mommy's," his mother would say. But he would have nothing of that. He knew until the day he died that he owned everything ever because self-ownership was the first concept of ownership he learned. It's too bad he didn't ignore society completely and never learn to do anything but breathe, cry, and drink milk, because the world would have been a Utopia by now (if not by the time he died). The thought of DaVinci admitting fault, and adjusting his work accordingly, once in his career makes me shudder. Imagining him making multiple mistakes makes me cry like a child who never learned to smile or even eat in their blessedly short life that was totally ruined by their eviction from their comfortable home inside their mother.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 04:47:29 AM »
So vote if you want the right person in office!

Now, Andrew, don't be discriminatory. What about the left person? Technically, a left person could be voted in...

And Sort, now you're just being sarcastic.

And yes, I am the Queen of Excuses. I hold off using my excuses for things more worthwhile than procrastinating decision-making. But I suppose it should come as no surprise to me that you, lazy and lonely person that you are, don't hold to such standards.