Author Topic: 42's Therapy Thread  (Read 23929 times)

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
Re: 42's Therapy Thread
« Reply #285 on: August 04, 2004, 03:10:44 PM »
    I had a teacher tell me about when she was in the hospital with her husband when he died. She said that actually watching him die, it was peaceful and comforting to her. She said that it would help people to see someone die naturally, it really helped her to realize that it was a natural process and although it is very sad, it doesnt have to be something to be afraid of.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 04, 2004, 06:44:01 PM »
Sorry 42
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 05, 2004, 10:56:07 PM »
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #288 on: August 05, 2004, 11:19:41 PM »
Were you close to him? I, faintly, remember when my grandfathers died. Quite some time ago now.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 06, 2004, 12:57:32 AM »
When I was little and my family came to visit, he's take me and my brothers fishing or swimming or flying in planes. I have a lot of memories of doing stuff with my grandpa when I was little. The past several years I have a lot of memories of just assisting in helping him and my grandma after his stroke. For having a large family, we're all pretty close.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 06, 2004, 05:37:57 AM »
My family is the opposite. AFAIK, I have a grand total of 5 relatives on my scottish side. Almost certainly I have more, but we simply never contact or know them. On the Irish side there is about a dozen or so relatives, who we see very occasionally. Some we see all the time, some I have never met.

Oh and all my grandparents are dead. 2 died before I was even born, another one died when I was 4. *shrug*
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch