Author Topic: War Breakers Question and other....  (Read 1983 times)

trinity

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
War Breakers Question and other....
« on: October 15, 2009, 08:00:14 PM »
Hi - I am a newbie here. Discovered the War Breaker audio cd at the library a couple weeks ago by chance, which I have JUST finished yesterday (I have an hour and a half commute - EACH WAY!) and am eager for more.

Questions:
1. Will Brandon be writing a follow-up (or more) to War Breaker?  (hoping) There seems to be at least 2 or 3 major story lines that could continue on...I, for one, am eager for more of LightSong, Cere, Vasher, Sesevron, Vivena, BlushWeaver, etc.......

2.  I am getting the only other of Brandon's audios out from the library - Elantris?  After that I was thinking of the Mistborn Trilogy.  Can anyone list the books in order so that I don't mess up and read them in wrong order?

Anything else I need to know? 

Thanks...and ....  THANK YOU BRANDON!!!  :-)   

trinity

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: War Breakers Question and other....
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 08:06:17 PM »
1: Brandon does plan on eventually writing a sequel for Warbreaker (the title last I heard was Nightblood) which will follow Viv and Vasher.  However it and the Elantris sequel have been put on hold until after WoT is done.  Then the plan will be one or two Way of Kings (his 10 book series) books, then a stand alone (scribbler, NB, Elantris 2, etc.)  So, yes, there is a plan but you won't see it for a while.

2: The publishing order of his books are:

Elantris
Mistborn (Final Empire)
Alcatraz 1
Well of Assention (can't spell)
Al 2
Hero of Ages
Warbreaker
Al 3.

As for series you go:

Elantris is a stand alone
Warbreaker is a stand alone

Mistborn
WoA
HoA

Al 1-3
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 08:09:36 PM »
Welcome!

I get the impression that the release date on Warbreaker's sequel could be ten or more years. Five is an early estimate.

Mistborn goes: (1)The Final Empire, (2)The Well of Ascension, (3)The Hero of Ages.

Uh... I can't think of anything in particular. :P

fRR, your spooky name always confuses me. I'm like "who???", and then "oh, right."
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

trinity

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 08:28:38 PM »
Thank you FMG and Sortitus!

Well, I'm going to have to get over War Breaker - 5 years is a long time, not to mention 10!  I will continue with Elantris and then the trilogy.  Has the 10 book series been started yet?  If so, there IS hope!  I can't imagine liking any of them as well as War Breaker though....but who knows??  And, forgive my ignorance, but what is WoT?

Thanks!

trinity

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 08:30:20 PM »
OH - War of Time?

What is the story with that? Is that series worth going for? 

thanks....

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 08:46:50 PM »
OH - War of Time?

thanks....

WoT = Wheel of Time

It is a series that was started by the late Robert Jordan. Jordan passed away before finishing the twelth volume in his twelve volume series. Then Jordan's wife/editor chose Sanderson to finish the series. The twelth and final book has been split into 3 volumes due to its length. They will all be penned by Sanderson.

Its an amazing series. It's one of if not my absolute favorite of all time. Its definately worth looking into.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 08:53:20 PM by Comfortable Madness »
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 11:50:32 PM »
Thank you FMG and Sortitus!

Well, I'm going to have to get over War Breaker - 5 years is a long time, not to mention 10!  I will continue with Elantris and then the trilogy.  Has the 10 book series been started yet?  If so, there IS hope!  I can't imagine liking any of them as well as War Breaker though....but who knows??  And, forgive my ignorance, but what is WoT?

Thanks!

They are all awesome, though for subtly different reasons. Most days of the week, I have difficulty judging them :)
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 12:20:46 AM »
Unfortunately the Mistborn trilogy audio books are only available digitally. They didn't make CDs, so you probably can't get them from your library. You can get them on Audible.com though.

Warbreaker's sequel might come out in 2013. Brandon would have to write it first though and would have to get 3 Stormlight Archive books out before then. (And it's going to be hard for him to get one out in 2011.)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Troubadour

• Level 4
  • Fantabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 06:11:37 AM »
The WoT books are most definitely worth getting into. I'm nearly finished with Eye of the World, and it's been worth every tiny-font, text-crammed page thus far.

FireArt

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 03:35:36 AM »

thanks....

Read them!!! I have read all of these books and I would HIGHLY recomend them. I started reading Sanderson's stuff when I found out he was filling in for Robert Jordon. That's how I fell in love with him, I read Elantris first and kept going. ;)