Poll

What should be Chaos punishment for his various crimes? He was convicted...

Removed from office and a new hero of ages elected
6 (54.5%)
Term shortened (ending on first of November)
0 (0%)
Retain full powers and office of Hero of Ages
4 (36.4%)
Forced to run for re-election, and if he wins, serve out his term
0 (0%)
Combination of Options 2 and 4
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: October 13, 2009, 12:26:18 AM

Author Topic: Punishment for Chaos  (Read 10609 times)

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
Re: Punishment for Chaos
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2009, 11:34:45 PM »
It could be fun. By the time you get me out of office, I'll already be out to the new hero anyway.....

And I'm not a Tyrant. I'm preventing the useless hindrance of democracy. And as such, I am awesome. So there.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2009, 12:19:26 AM »
I prevented the useless hindrance of democracy. Or tried to, at least. If you were really trying to do what you say, you would've never impeached me.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2009, 01:27:34 AM »
Seriously. If Chaos' term was only a few weeks away from its end when you impeached him, what was the point of impeaching him? The useless abuse of the democratic system?
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2009, 01:36:50 AM »
Like I said numerous times, including in the original election, Andrew is a tyrant.

If this new "Hero of Ages" we "elect" is to be any kind of a voice for the people, we need a truly impartial arbiter of succession, not this sham of a leader we have now. I nominate Jean-Luc Picard*

*Bonus points if you got the TNG reference (besides knowing Picard is the Captain of the Enterprise. That's not a "reference", that's common knowledge).

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2009, 04:12:52 AM »
Just thought that I'd point out that I, unlike certain other people, have not yet actually done anything that was opposed by the majority of the people of TWG. You therefore can't claim that I'm not a voice of the people, because so far, I've done everything they've said. When it's a majority. If you can get a clear majority to say that we need to re-run the poll, we will. But so far, 2 people, both known Chaos supporters, and no people who aren't clearly in Chaos' camp (I'm not even talking about Chaos' enemies here.... just people who aren't his followers) have suggested we re-run the poll. This can only be seen as them being poor losers, not the actual will of the people. Now if the majority of TWG were Chaos supporters, that would also change this situation. However, that fact has not been established, and based on previous voting, isn't true.

I, as the temporary Hero of Ages, cannot respond to the whims of every single member of TWG. I can listen to them all, and consider whether to act on them, but it simply isn't possible to please everybody. I have to go based on the majority, which you do not seem to have. Thus I follow principles of democracy, not tyranny.

That, and I wasn't actually the one who moved to impeach Chaos in the first place. That was Kaz. I just helped move the process along in a democratic way.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 04:18:09 AM by Andrew the Great »
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2009, 03:19:45 PM »
I HAVE THE PPPPPOOOOWWWWWEEEERRR!!!!

P.S. the next HoA will be from MY camp hence my puppet!!!! i will not run b/c i hate paperwork :P
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2009, 05:00:56 PM »
Who do you classify as being in your camp, Kaz?
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2009, 07:08:58 PM »
P.S. the next HoA will be from MY camp hence my puppet!!!!

No one listens to me... this is tyranny, pure and simple.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2009, 08:50:17 PM »
See, the thing about that is.... no one in their right mind would ever actually agree to elect Kaz HoA, much less be elected of HoA and let him run things. And Kaz isn't scary enough to intimidate us into it. So this plan really doesn't work.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2009, 10:00:04 PM »
Yeah. I'm just curious to see who he thinks he could control...Because I seriously doubt anyone would let him order them around.....That would be like the end of Chaos' rule all over again (or how the end would've turned out had he not been impeached. Everyone knew it was heading that way...).
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2009, 10:06:30 PM »
Seriously. To pull something like that, you'd need a group of like-minded individuals who all believed that they'd get something out of the deal for themselves: a coalition of savvy and driven people with resources, an organization the likes of which has never been seen on TWG! One man cannot control a revolution.
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2009, 10:14:36 PM »
Oh I don't know. We had a pretty savvy coalition not too long ago. Sad thing is, pretty much all the members dropped off the face of the site, only to pop back in every few months. It's been sad to see. Of course, the point of the Coalition is now moot, since Chaos is out of power and we were fighting to take him down.

Poor Monsta. He didn't get to take part in Chaos' downfall....

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2009, 05:19:40 AM »
My plan is going perfectly no one suspects a thing.... including those fools who are running for election *wicked laughter*

P.S. only a poor leader gives orders duh!
P.S.S. I am so awesome b/c by I, through Andrew (yes he is my first puppet yet he remains ignorant), brought down Chaos
P.S.S.S. Chaos was my only true oposition he detected me... yet he failed in the end
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2009, 08:15:13 AM »
only a poor leader gives orders duh!
Riiight. The good ones just assume that people will do exactly what they expect and/or want them to. Sounds like something I read about once.
I am so awesome
Oh, I don't doubt that.
Chaos was my only true oposition he detected me... yet he failed in the end
You think this is the endgame? Getting your pet candidate elected is the hard part (especially now that you monologued your plans out for us), and we haven't even started that poll!
P.S.S.
P.S.S.S.
Ah, the post-script-script (The post-script-script is the most rare and beautiful bird in this entire cartoon.). Isn't that supposed to be part of the post-script? Is the post-script-script-script the actual characters and style that the post-script-script is written in? Or perhaps they are each the subtext that we should be gleaning from the previous post-script. Either way, you have given us much to think about.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2009, 10:31:12 AM »
Either way, you have given us much to think about.

Like, for example, why you would think I would ever believe that turd of an 'evil plan' of yours. And trust me, I know evil plans.