Author Topic: TGS chapter 2 now online at tor.com  (Read 3008 times)

TMan

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Lolchair
TGS chapter 2 now online at tor.com
« on: September 24, 2009, 03:21:36 PM »
I haven't listened to it yet, but the audiobook version of TGS chapter 2 is now online at tor.com, free after registration!

Thought I'd open a thread for discussion, I'll listen to it when I get home in about an hour or so. Skipped through to see how long it was (about 45 minutes) and I heard something about Egwene... Can't wait!

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
Re: TGS chapter 2 now online at tor.com
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 04:16:21 PM »
Damn. I can't get audio while at work. Guess I'll have to wait. :(
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

TMan

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Lolchair
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 06:03:54 PM »
Just finished it :)

I'm not going to spoil anything, but it was good, although not much happened really.

JCHancey

• Level 8
  • Formerly known as Jakobus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 06:07:48 PM »
http://www.tor.com/gatheringstorm/register if you're not already registered at Tor you'll have to do that.

Yeah not too much happened, but at the same time it's a pretty awesome at the same time.
RJF: "I spit upon the ground where you no longer ever existed."

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 10:53:22 PM »
I liked the chapter. Mostly I was just annoyed because I read a lot faster than audiobooks do. 45 minutes in audiobook land is like 15 - 20 minutes for me to read.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 01:32:17 AM »
I thought it was a great chapter. Really looking forward to the book.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Troubadour

• Level 4
  • Fantabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 01:38:17 AM »
Damn. Guess I'd better go finish Eye of the World, and, uh...the handful after that.

yakumo fujii

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 11:32:53 PM »
I thought it was another great chapter by Sanderson. Egwene's character development and maturation that began way back in The Shadow Rising with her apprenticeship to the Aiel was completed.  Even more interesting was the way this chapter foreshadowed how Elaida's overthrow, the Black Ajah Hunters and the Seanchan attack would come together. Really makes me excited for what is to come.

For people who don't like to listen to audiobooks, I know where a transcription of the chapter is posted. I don't know whether it would be kosher with the rules to post that here so just PM me if you want a link to it.

Batchman

• Level 4
  • Can I get you some water?
    • View Profile
    • Official Gordon Korman Web Site
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 04:59:03 AM »
Where can chapter two be found? I can find chapter one in both text and audio, but I cannot find chapter two anywhere. The link posted only leads to chapter one.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 06:40:50 AM »
Make sure you're signed in to Tor.com already. Then follow the link again.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Batchman

• Level 4
  • Can I get you some water?
    • View Profile
    • Official Gordon Korman Web Site
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 09:17:11 AM »
The link in this thread would not take me to it, no how, no where.

I finally went to Dragonmount and followed a link there, and got to listen to chapter 2. Now I am really looking forward to this! Good stuff!

I think Egwene is a little too full of herself in regards to the importance of the White Tower compared to all the other groups that are out there ... but as to the White Tower internally, I really like how this is going!

schneb

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 05:27:14 PM »
Are the name pronunciations used in this recording the officially recognized version.  If so, I'll stick to my own way of reading them.  Sure they might not be right, but after almost 20 years of thinking them one way it rubs me wrong to hear them pronounced differently.

Dustinthewind2

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 07:14:36 AM »
Damn. Guess I'd better go finish Eye of the World, and, uh...the handful after that.

Hope that hand is pushing a wheel barrel.  ;)

Dustinthewind2

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 07:22:57 AM »
Are the name pronunciations used in this recording the officially recognized version.  If so, I'll stick to my own way of reading them.  Sure they might not be right, but after almost 20 years of thinking them one way it rubs me wrong to hear them pronounced differently.

I saw Jordan speak at Comicon a year or two before he died. He said some of the names... I haven't heard chapter 2 (still working on a reread of book 11), but he did pronounce: E-gwayne, Tom (I've heard a few people pronounce the H...), Nye-neeve, Fal-lee, Matrim (not Mate-trim)... I wish I could remember more of them offhand but it's been forever. He also said someone on the internet had correctly guessed who killed Asmo and how... but not even the person who posted it knows that he is correct.