Author Topic: Scholastic tightening up with Alcatraz 3 release?  (Read 3734 times)

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
Scholastic tightening up with Alcatraz 3 release?
« on: September 23, 2009, 02:22:20 AM »
So, having tried for the last month to find a copy of Alcatraz 3, I've come to the conclusion that either a) Scholastic is being much stricter than usual with the release, or b) my local bookstores suck and just aren't selling it yet. And the local bookstores of all my friends and extended family. So, I'm wondering if anyone else has managed to get their hands on it yet, and if so, where at?
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
Re: Scholastic tightening up with Alcatraz 3 release?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 03:58:29 AM »
I ordered a copy from my local bookstore and haven't received it yet. This is the same bookstore that got me Warbreaker a week early, so I would guess option a.

Batchman

• Level 4
  • Can I get you some water?
    • View Profile
    • Official Gordon Korman Web Site
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 04:07:55 AM »
Personally, I have always seemed to find amazon's listed date for a book to be very accurate as to when that book will first be available ... so I am not expecting to see this one until October 1st.

Has anybody else had a different experience?

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 06:42:54 AM »
The reason why we're so confused is because for the last two they started popping up a full month ahead of time.

And I've checked around here and none of the bookstores have gotten it in.  It's a good thing for EUOL though since that means all the sales will count towards bookscans.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 03:54:07 PM »
Ok, so it's not just me then. That's good to know.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 07:28:45 AM »
b)

The book was already seen in the wild two weeks ago.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 10:42:49 AM »
In the wild where?  Anywhere here in Utah?  Anywhere I can get a copy...?
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 06:40:16 AM »
I know for sure in New York. There have been other reports, not nearby. But it turns out there probably will be a release party around Oct. 1.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Plasman

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 07:02:21 AM »
at the byu bookstore i would assume?
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 08:45:21 AM »
I dunno, the last two Al book release parties were at B&N.  When should we expect more info?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 04:34:51 PM »
Yeah, not BYU. More news when it gets closer.

Plasman

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 08:05:15 PM »
I can also confirm a sighting at the BYU Bookstore as of today  ;D
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 10:39:18 PM »
Hey ook, has EUOL started signing any yet, or is he saving that for the release?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 01:32:56 AM »
I don't think he has signed any yet. He will probably wait until that date but I'm not positive.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2009, 03:30:31 AM »
Well, my little sister got a copy from Barnes and Noble here today! So look around again if you've been trying to find it.