Poll

Should Chaos be impeached, and/or removed from the Office of Hero of Ages?

Chaos is guilty. Convict him now, and vote on the proper course of action later.
8 (66.7%)
Chaos is innocent. Leave him in office with no penalties whatsoever.
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: October 02, 2009, 02:45:37 AM

Author Topic: Impeachment Articles against Chaos  (Read 8400 times)

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
Impeachment Articles against Chaos
« on: September 12, 2009, 02:45:37 AM »
All, right, as some of you may know, Chaos has been abusing his privileges as Hero of Ages. He has claimed that he has the Divine Right to do basically anything. He has claimed the title of Lord Ruler as his own, though he was not elected to the position, tyrannical as it is. And he has neglected his responsibilities to the members of the Time Waster's Guide as Hero of Ages. As such, a motion has been made to impeach Chaos. The results of this poll will determine Chaos' fate. Consider the deep responsibility you bear in voting on this issue, and good luck.

The poll will run for 20 days. Consider carefully before voting, but don't miss the deadline.....

EDIT: Anyone know how to change the poll so that it's only visible after the deadline? It won't let me do it, for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 08:33:45 PM by Andrew the Great »
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
Re: Impeachment Articles against Chaos
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 05:10:21 AM »
I rock because i'm some upstart pipsqueak and yet i'm getting my agenda across!!! Sweet, i must be some devious politician in disguise...Reagan was an actor ya know.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 06:28:50 AM »
Mostly because your plan happens to agree quite well with my master plan, and wilson's and monsta's. Let's not get too excited here.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 07:24:08 AM »
So if he has to re-run, who will be his opponent/s? And what's to say that he won't win again, this time with the whole 'Divine Right' thing on his platform....?
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Inquisitor

• Level 8
  • Lord of Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 04:41:19 PM »
THe safest way to guard against that would be to remove him from office. No chance for reelection then.
Captain Commander of the Holy Vanguard of Kaz

I have recently discovered that pie cannot be trusted. I am switching full time to cake.

Cake shall prevail!

Come join us over at the Mistborn Forum RPG!
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mistborn/index.php?

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 08:00:48 PM »
I've never neglected such duties as Hero of Ages. You are in fact merely a bitter loser for losing the title for yourself.

What have I done, really, to make you impeach me? Have I committed any real crime? I think not. You must be able to show that I've done some kind of wrongdoing for me to be impeached, or else you are the real criminal here.

I've done nothing to harm anyone, and have always had my interests in the well-being of the world.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 08:13:32 PM »
Cake would beat Chaos in an election go cake!!!!
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 08:30:22 PM »
I've decided that since there are 4 choices against Chaos and 1 for in the poll, I'm killing the chances of those opposing Chaos. As such, in an effort to make this more fair, I will reset the vote count with only two options: Chaos is guilty as charged, and Chaos is innocent. If he is voted guilty, we will then decide on a punishment.

This way, Chaos won't get off the hook just because of how the poll was set up (right now he has three votes for him, and two against him in every category except one, which has only one). So basically, vote again, or you might not get the result you wanted.

@Kaz: of course Cake would beat Chaos, as Chaos is, in fact, a cake supporter.

@Chaos: I am not, as you have stated, a bitter loser. In fact, I accepted the title of Runner-Up Hero of Ages with much Gratitude. Your crime is the seizure of too much power, without the proper authorization from the people.

To prove my good intentions, I will state this: I, Andrew the Great, do hereby renounce any Candidacy for the position of Hero of Ages in the event that Chaos is removed from office. I will serve a short term as Temporary Hero of Ages (Which is a really ironic title, if you think about it), as is my right as Runner-up Hero of Ages, until a new Hero of Ages is chosen through the democratic process of polling. I do also make it known that I will do all in my power, if it be fair and legal, to speed the process of the election of the new Hero, should Chaos be removed.  I do not, however, renounce the ability to run for the office of Hero of Ages in future elections, when they occur. Only in the circumstances described above.

So there.

Someone quote that so that I can't just modify it later. In fact, it would probably be best if Chaos quoted it, as otherwise I could be accused of conspiring with whoever quoted it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 08:38:19 PM by Andrew the Great »

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 09:34:07 PM »
And what happens when Chaos changes what you said in his quoting of it? In the event of that happening, I am now quoting it. Chaos can still quote it too. I think the quotage of those for and against shall be plenty....And I promise to not edit this post, so it can stand as a witness to all that this is the truth....

To prove my good intentions, I will state this: I, Andrew the Great, do hereby renounce any Candidacy for the position of Hero of Ages in the event that Chaos is removed from office. I will serve a short term as Temporary Hero of Ages (Which is a really ironic title, if you think about it), as is my right as Runner-up Hero of Ages, until a new Hero of Ages is chosen through the democratic process of polling. I do also make it known that I will do all in my power, if it be fair and legal, to speed the process of the election of the new Hero, should Chaos be removed.  I do not, however, renounce the ability to run for the office of Hero of Ages in future elections, when they occur. Only in the circumstances described above.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 08:04:24 PM »
You must be able to show that I've done some kind of wrongdoing for me to be impeached, or else you are the real criminal here.

See Chaos this is where your wrong. We don't have to do anything or the sort. We as the people of TWG decide that you are no longer the right person for the job. Its that simple. So we, the posters of TWG have taken up our "Right" to decide if you should be removed or not. I do not think that Andrew should have the ability to run for the office taken from him just as I don't think you should be prevented from running again. If you are removed from office I think all members of TWG should be allowed to run for the office, that includes you and Andrew.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Recovering_Cynic

• Level 13
  • Except vampires. Vampires suck.
    • View Profile
    • my livejournal
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 08:22:10 PM »
Alright, so before I vote, what proof do you have against Chaos.  The prosecution bears the burden you know.  As yet, I haven't seen any evidence other than unsubstantiated allegations that Chaos has not been fulfilling his duty.  Give me some specific examples please of why the man is not fit to be the Hero of Ages.
this is the way the world ends,
not with a bang, but a whimper
~T.S. Eliot

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 12:26:32 AM »
Well the main reason, as was established, is that he's claimed the title of Lord Ruler. Now we all know that the title Lord Ruler is synonymous with tyrannical dictatorship. Hero of Ages is not, but is associated with the democratic process used to elect people to that position. Look at his tag, right under his avatar. Yeah, says right there, "The Lord Ruler."

He's also claimed to have Divine RightTM, which allows him to do whatever he wants to as Hero of Ages.

Now all of this is sounding very much non-democratic, which is not ok for the Hero of Ages. 

On top of all of this, he's neglected his Hero duties (remember the Hero part, chaos? I seem to remember a lot more marauding with that band of mercenaries than saving....) to the members of TWG.

Monsta, that's very kind of you, but I've already formally renounced my candidacy. I can't just take that back. Then, how could the people of TWG ever trust me? No, I will honor my pledge.

Besides, this time around, we'll set a term (I vote 1 year), and then I can run for the office later.

Recovering_Cynic

• Level 13
  • Except vampires. Vampires suck.
    • View Profile
    • my livejournal
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 12:36:48 AM »
As I recall, the hero of ages becomes a God, right?  Doesn't that sound a lot like divine right?  Or even a Lord Ruler?
this is the way the world ends,
not with a bang, but a whimper
~T.S. Eliot

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 04:02:46 AM »
No Cake is the possesor of Divine Right... duh! :P

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 06:40:09 PM »
Ok so here is a major issue. Yes Chaos as the "HoA" should have DevineRightTM. To a degree, I mean if he really is the "HoA" then he wouldn't need to do what the people want because he is a god and therefor has limitless power. My only issue is that TLR thought himself to be the "HoA" as well and was indeed not. He lived in a delusion for a thousand years and in the end the only thing he accomplished was surviving long enough for the real "HoA" to take over. So if Chaos is TLR and is then given the post of "HoA" then is he not a false god? If he was the real "HoA" then he wouldn't need to proclaim DevineRightTM because he would already have it. This leads me to think that he is a pretender to the throne and should therefore be removed.

Also as far as I can tell there are no rules against voting him out without evidence. Maybe in the US there are but not in Elends kingdom. This is more a vote of no-confidence than anything else.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"