Author Topic: Gathering Storm Release Date Moved Up  (Read 7098 times)

tipbruley

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Gathering Storm Release Date Moved Up
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2009, 03:51:10 AM »
I've read every book atleast 3 times so im only going to re-read 9-11 during october in preparation for Gathering Storm

Why read Crossroads?

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2009, 05:00:37 AM »
When it was announced that Brandon would be finishing the WoT, I made foolish plans to have the series re-read by the time book 12 came out. Hah. Totally haven't started.

The problem was that I didn't own most of them because, on my first time through, I checked out as many as possible from the library. When the library didn't have one in stock, I'd run out and buy it, so I wound up with books 3, 4, 7, and 8. Being less inclined now to track stuff down at the library (busy busy and all that), that means I'd need to buy 8 books for this crazy project, and I've been putting it off.

Sigh. I don't normally reread books (too much that's new to constantly revisit the old), even when new books come out in series and it's been upwards of two years. My memory's pretty good and I don't ordinarily have any issues picking the series back up where it left off. But this is the WoT, and the last book I read was Path of Daggers, 11 years ago. No way could I just pick up Winter's Heart and run from there—not with these books.

So, maybe I'll be ready for book 12 by the time it hits paperback. ;D

Did you know? Right now Amazon has a ton of WoT books for sale with a 4 for 3 discount. I was originally just planning to grab enough to get free shipping, but by the time they were through with me I'd ordered books 0, 1, 2, 5, and 11. (Why 11? The hardcover was only $12. I'm a sucker, I know.)
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Ehran

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2009, 06:52:00 AM »
Bah.  I almost bought a Kindle tonight until I realized that TGS isn't going to be available in that format.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2009, 05:30:02 PM »
It will be available as an ebook in September 2010 or something like that. I assume that will include a Kindle edition but I could be wrong.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!