Author Topic: Scribblenauts  (Read 2500 times)

KChan

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Eep.
    • View Profile
    • K-chan's DA
Scribblenauts
« on: June 08, 2009, 01:47:33 PM »
Okay, so I've been wanting a DS for some time now, but there's one game coming out this fall that is making me seriously consider getting one. It's called Scribblenauts. Here are a few links to show what I'm talking about:

Hands-On: Scribblenauts
The Ten-Word Challenge
God Versus the Kraken

I want this game.

Mistborn: The Inquisition RPG

Graphic used with permission.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
Re: Scribblenauts
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 02:52:43 PM »
God Versus the Kraken

I now want this game because of this title alone.

Also: DS's are great! I love mine.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

KChan

• Level 2
  • Eep.
    • View Profile
    • K-chan's DA
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 08:15:24 PM »
That title is indeed quite epic. In addition to that video, there were a few things that instantly made me want the game bad enough to fork over the cash for a DS:

Andrew created a teleporter in an attempt to instantly apparate to the Starite -- instead, it took him to a medieval world where he was besieged by shadowy assassins. He tried distracting them with candy -- really, Andrew? -- then created a fairly anachronistic nuke. The nuke didn't detonate, however, so andrew created a laser rifle to take out the assassins. One of his lasers grazed the aforementioned WMD, and blew up the entire level.

Narwhal -- Not only did it cause a horn-touting whale to appear, but we were able to ride atop its back, crossing the liquid divide between us and a Starite. Incredible.

Lutefisk -- Sure enough, a bright white fish appeared and began to flop around the level. Oddly enough, a previously spawned Santa Claus ran up and ate the Lutefisk. He must have a cast-iron stomach.

Need I say more?

Mistborn: The Inquisition RPG

Graphic used with permission.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 04:22:05 PM »
so this game is released today, anyone else gonna get it? I totally am. And i've decided my first act upon getting it: Summon up vikings and norse figures and recreate Ragnarök. Cthulhu gets winner.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.