Author Topic: 2009-2010 TV Shows  (Read 8693 times)

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-2010 TV Shows
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 01:32:05 AM »
you got that right BG. And for nearly a full episode order too! 19 eps! And they must be high on it all of the sudden because it is getting some serious promotional attention.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 03:33:51 AM »
19? Hallelujah! They better not cut that short.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

mtbikemom

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 06:53:43 AM »
You guys turned me on to Chuck and the whole fam loves it.  Oh, and The Middle was on tonight, not Sunday.  It really is funny!  It might be funnier than Chuck.  Truly LOL.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 11:41:49 PM »
I wouldn't say it is funnier.  It's a different humor.  Though last week's episode of The Middle had me laughing pretty hard.  It still feels a tad too similar to Malcolm in the Middle though.

As for Chuck.  Thank.  Heavens.   19 glorious episodes.  I cannot wait.  Adam Baldwin kills me as John Casey.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

mtbikemom

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 02:04:05 AM »
last week's episode of The Middle had me laughing pretty hard.  It still feels a tad too similar to Malcolm in the Middle though.

As for Chuck.  Thank.  Heavens.   19 glorious episodes.  I cannot wait.  Adam Baldwin kills me as John Casey.

What about the scenes with the awkward daughter's boyfriend last week?  Those were well-written and the comedic timing was amazing.  I never saw M in the M, so it is all fresh for me.  And I like to support the few conservative Hollywood actors, which Patricia Heaton is. 

Adam Baldwin is a comic genius.  Just watching Firefly episodes with the hubby for my second time and really appreciating him.  He did get lots of the best lines, though.

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 07:35:53 AM »
Adam Baldwin is by far the best Baldwin of them all. Everything he touches is gold, although the box office/ratings do(es) not always show it.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 04:56:42 PM »
   What about the scenes with the awkward daughter's boyfriend last week? 

Yes.  Those scenes were timed perfectly.  They killed me.

Adam Baldwin is by far the best Baldwin of them all. Everything he touches is gold, although the box office/ratings do(es) not always show it.

I will say that Alec Baldwin in his 30 Rock character is freaking awesome as well.  That show is one of the best comedies on.  But yeah, other than those two Baldwins, the rest are awful.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 05:34:05 PM »
Alec has had a lot of stinkers too, but you are right, he can be very very funny in the right roles.

I also have tons of respect for him for doing all those episodes of Thomas the Tank Engine.

Pink Bunkadoo

• Level 7
  • Ookla's sister
    • View Profile
    • Helena's webpage
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2009, 02:47:06 AM »
I dont really do hulu much because only a few of the shows have closed captioning

I also stopped watching most Fox shows because the captioning gets all screwed up on almost all of the shows.

I think pretty much everything I watch on hulu has captions, though sometimes it takes them a few days to get them up. 
~금강산도 식후경~

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 03:55:01 AM »
yeah, some of them have it. But it is hit or miss.

I dumped netflix specifically because their streams were not captioned. Not a one.

mtbikemom

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 09:36:04 PM »
   What about the scenes with the awkward daughter's boyfriend last week? 

Yes.  Those scenes were timed perfectly.  They killed me.

I will say that Alec Baldwin in his 30 Rock character is freaking awesome as well.  That show is one of the best comedies on.  But yeah, other than those two Baldwins, the rest are awful.

At first I said, wait a minute!  There's a fifth Baldwin bro?  Would the universe really be that unkind?

Now I realize you two are either pulling our collective legs or just plain wrong.  It's OK, I've been wrong once, I think.  In my one minute of research, though, I did discover that Adam Baldwin is a conservative/libertarian.  Cool, another one in Hollywood who is employable.  There really aren't many.

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 11:29:06 PM »
Adam Baldwin, in addition to being incredibly good at acting, is also a very vociferous individual.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/author/abaldwin/

while he may not be related to "The Bladwins" - he is still a Baldwin and still, in my opinion, the best of the bunch.