Author Topic: The Star Wars Kid comes to the big screen?  (Read 2650 times)

ryos

• Level 17
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
The Star Wars Kid comes to the big screen?
« on: September 01, 2009, 03:00:49 AM »
So I saw a trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender, and it fell pretty flat. I was probably the only person in the theater laughing. Why was I laughing?

Because it reminded me of the Star Wars Kid. Ouch. Will Shyamalan ever make another movie worth seeing?
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Kwan Lee

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: The Star Wars Kid comes to the big screen?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 06:44:00 AM »
As we can see here, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0796117/
he is making 2 movies which can be predicted as good.

1. Devil  (2011) (filming) (story)
2. Unbreakable 2

Unbreakable 1 was great movie. so, I think 2 will be better. Btw M. Night Shyamalan is a great producer and also a great writer.

Jexral

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Blog!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 07:01:44 AM »
Am I the only one that doesn't think that The Last Airbender looks alright?  I like the visuals we've seen, I like some of the director's other work, and I really like the source material.  I know it's going to be different than the cartoon, and it appears a lot less comical and endearing, and a little more... epic in scope.  I dunno.  I want to see it, at least, before I pass my judgement, but I like what we've been shown so far.

I do, however, have a tendency to be overly optimistic about upcoming movies, and they almost always disappoint.  <shrug>
Truth is treason in the empire of lies.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 11:45:07 PM »
I'm with you, Jexral. I want to see it too, but I know there's a good chance that it'll fall short. Although, from what I've seen in the trailers, I think it looks like it could be pretty good. Even if Shyamalan hasn't had an actual good movie for more than a couple of years.

I'm hoping this one will be good. Perhaps I'll be right, perhaps I'll be wrong. I guess we'll see.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 12:06:32 AM »
Unbreakable 2? I (sort of) wish. Looks like it's gone from the site though.

I LOVED Unbreakable. I haven't liked any of his movies since then, though the Village wasn't horrible. I hated Signs.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!