Author Topic: OH #@!! NO! NO! Not Disney!!!!!!  (Read 4938 times)

benvolio3

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Satan's got nothing over me
    • View Profile
Re: OH #@!! NO! NO! Not Disney!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 04:59:33 AM »
Quote from: mtlhddoc2
Second: Marvel does not own Transformers, never owned Transformer and did not make the Transformers movie. The Transformers is a wholly owned Hasbro property which current is in movie licensing with Paramount Picture.  Paramount ALSO has a deal with Marvel. But the two properties do not collide.

Actually, Marvel did own Transformers. They were the first to create the comics, in which after they sold the title and all of its licensing or whatever to Dreamwave. but whatever, that's not important.

but ya... I'm not too sure what to think about Marvel and Disney. Seems stupid to me, but I guess money is money, and Disney wouldn't pass up a chance to get a hold of one of the biggest names out there in order to get a bigger flow of dough in. IMO of course
I'm in a band man!
www.myspace.com/thoughtsinframe

I'm actually only temporarily in the band...

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 05:37:04 PM »
Actually, Marvel did own Transformers. They were the first to create the comics,
Marvel did not own Transformers. They licensed it from Hasbro, which reworked the Takara original toys. The toys came before the comics.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

benvolio3

• Level 3
  • Satan's got nothing over me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2009, 08:11:30 PM »
I guess if you were talking about the toys, then yes, Marvel never owned Transformers. But they owned the comics and that's what I was talking about, but whatever. I'm not an expert in the field.
I'm in a band man!
www.myspace.com/thoughtsinframe

I'm actually only temporarily in the band...

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2009, 09:12:16 PM »
There's a difference between owning and licensing.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2009, 10:05:48 PM »
Marvel licensed the Transformers from Hasbro to create the comics. Each and every issue had to be approved by Hasbro before it could be printed. Marvel also produced the half hour cartoon for Hasbro. But all of the distribution of the cartoon was handled by Hasbro. Same, again, with the GI Joe comics and cartoons. Hasbro created them both and then licenced them out for other media.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_(comics)