Author Topic: OH #@!! NO! NO! Not Disney!!!!!!  (Read 5281 times)

Recovering_Cynic

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Except vampires. Vampires suck.
    • View Profile
    • my livejournal
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 09:13:30 PM by Recovering_Cynic »
this is the way the world ends,
not with a bang, but a whimper
~T.S. Eliot

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
Re: OH #@!! NO! NO! Not Disney!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 09:20:00 PM »
heh, yeah, i heard about this.

The same thing I told my friend:
Just think of all the new cross overs we will now get! "Snow white and the fantastic four", "aladdin and spiderman: the Jafar and venom duo"
 ;D

Though, yeah, i don't know how well this bodes for marvel comics...
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 09:52:24 PM »
"Breaking news: Frank Miller to pen The Darkwing Duck Knight Returns.”

Wasp will be replaced by Tinkerbell (A good thing).

Least popular new ride at Disney: PROFESSOR X'S WILD RIDE. Least popular character change: Galactus, Devourer of Cookies.

Donald Duck and Howard the Duck just met at Chateau Marmont to work some shirt out.

Meet the eighth dwarf: "Logan". (is this getting annoying yet?)

Ghost Rider: No longer a skull with flames. Now Angela Lansbury with cotton candy hair.

Daredevil? Can't see. Daredevil? Can dance!

Only thing stronger than adamantium? Love.

Bendis to create ULTIMATE FINDING NEMO. It will now take two years before Marlin's wife and children die, so we really get to know them.

Mary Poppins? Mutant.

First Disney/Marvel collaboration: Hannah Montana refuses to reveal secret identity, goes to war with Iron Man. Iron Man wins easily.

Disney just read a FANTASTIC FOUR comic while watching THE INCREDIBLES and decided to sue itself.

Disney's second change for Marvel: Welcome the two newest X-Men, Zack and Cody!

Disney's first change for Marvel: When Bruce Banner gets angry, less hulking out, more breaking into song.

Disney acquires Marvel. Dreams of Spider-Man/Kermit/Roger Rabbit crossover one step closer to fruition.
Who the hell is interrupting my Kung Fu!

Recovering_Cynic

• Level 13
    • View Profile
    • my livejournal
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 09:58:23 PM »
*vomits*
~T.S. Eliot

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 10:02:30 PM »
I've already seen this, but it turns out my response is just the same now as it was ten minutes ago:

Ummmm. What? What the CRAP? Umm...

Yeah. Um.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 11:56:47 PM »
Yeah. Ummmmmm...
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 02:47:29 AM »
They've yet to screw up Pixar, so I'm cautiously optimistic. Then again, I have never cared a whit about Marvel or any of its properties, so maybe I'm not qualified to opine on this one.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 03:39:51 AM »
I think the biggest changes you'll see is that your kids will soon be able to hug Wolverine and the Hulk at Disneyland, and Spiderman, X-Men, and Hulk will now be played on the Disney channel.

If anything, we might actually get some cooler cartoons in the theaters now. I'd rather see Transformers made by Disney/Pixar then the horrible crap they put out earlier this year . . .

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 04:20:04 AM »
I don't want to see disney even THINK about touching Transformers.  It might have sucked, but it's better then it would have been as a disney show.

I think that disney at first will let Marvel do their thing, but after a few years they won't be able to resist sticking their fingers in the honey pot and will screw everything up.

But then again, who knows.  Buena Vista is a disney sub, and they put out R movies that you would never associate with Disney.  Touchstone used to be disney too, and look at some of their movies.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 05:10:41 AM »
I don't want to see disney even THINK about touching Transformers.  It might have sucked, but it's better then it would have been as a disney show.

No offense.

But the last Transformers Movie took one of my favorite icons from childhood, the one that, along with Grimlock, was the hero when I played Transformers, they took this icon of mine and turned him into a farting old senile geriatric robot.

They can go to hell. They can go to hell and they can die.

And the first Transformers Movie was actually WORSE.

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 01:48:07 PM »
No need to panic. Although, I could see , at first glance, why one would think panic is necessary. However, Disney also owns Miramax and has been pretty much hands off with that. Some titles that Miramax has released, that are good, and you would never think it was associated with Disney:

Resevoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
The Crow
Gangs of New York
Kill Bill vol. 1 & 2
Hero
No Country for Old Men
Etc......

So, as long as they stay hands off not much will change at Marvel.
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

Recovering_Cynic

• Level 13
    • View Profile
    • my livejournal
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 02:44:49 PM »
True, true, but I can all too easily see the chain of logic.

Disney makes cartoons.
Kids love Disney cartoons.
Disney therefore makes the best cartoons.
Marvel also makes cartoons.
Disney can make them better...

And then the spiral of death begins.
~T.S. Eliot

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 06:17:54 PM »
All the Batman/Bugs Bunny crossovers we've had since WB bought DC have been spectacular, so bring it on.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 07:06:39 PM »
Remember when DC and Marvel did Amalgam comics and had characters from each side fight each other? Well instead of Wolverine vs. Batman they could do Beast(via Beauty and the...) vs Wolverine or Jafar vs. Mr. Sinister. Or how about Aladdin vs. Gambit? The possibilities are endless.....
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 08:38:58 PM »
I think the biggest changes you'll see is that your kids will soon be able to hug Wolverine and the Hulk at Disneyland, and Spiderman, X-Men, and Hulk will now be played on the Disney channel.

If anything, we might actually get some cooler cartoons in the theaters now. I'd rather see Transformers made by Disney/Pixar then the horrible crap they put out earlier this year . . .

First: You can already watch Spiderman, The Hulk and Iron Man on DisneyXD.

Second: Marvel does not own Transformers, never owned Transformer and did not make the Transformers movie. The Transformers is a wholly owned Hasbro property which current is in movie licensing with Paramount Picture.  Paramount ALSO has a deal with Marvel. But the two properties do not collide.

I think that disney at first will let Marvel do their thing, but after a few years they won't be able to resist sticking their fingers in the honey pot and will screw everything up.

But then again, who knows.  Buena Vista is a disney sub, and they put out R movies that you would never associate with Disney.  Touchstone used to be disney too, and look at some of their movies.

Disney will not be touching Transformers (or GI Joe) unless they buy Hasbro, which would never happen, since Hasbro, although a public corporation, is still majority owned by the Hassenfeld family.

Buena Vista is Disney's DVD distribution arm. Touchstone is a wholly owned subsidiary of Disney which produces and distributes movies independently. Buena Vista also distributes DVDs for Touchstone.