Author Topic: Which police are those?  (Read 4234 times)

mbarker

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Which police are those?
« on: August 25, 2009, 04:42:08 AM »
Someone just stunned the wrangler and will be taking Elizabeth and Chisulo away. Now, are these the good guy cops, the bad guy cops, or??? And will they pick up Michelle in the process, or miss her? Stunned... at least they haven't blown them to bits yet, so maybe it isn't Timmon?

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
Re: Which police are those?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 08:10:44 AM »
It really looks to me as though Timmons is done with the mercenaries. "The ghost is out in the open." Mission accomplished; he's bringing them in.

They may forget about Chelle, or fail to find her. Her death was foreshadowed, after all. We've lost a tough or two in nearly every arc to date, so I wouldn't be too shocked to see her go.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

mbarker

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 02:13:32 PM »
Oh, I sort of expected Timmons to vanish if he's done. You think he'll bring the mercenaries in? But then what will he do with them -- he doesn't want to leave witnesses to what he's done?

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 09:26:28 PM »
Oh, I sort of expected Timmons to vanish if he's done. You think he'll bring the mercenaries in? But then what will he do with them -- he doesn't want to leave witnesses to what he's done?

The thing is, he doesn't realize Chelle, Liz, and Chisulo know anything, so in his view they aren't witnesses. He's mostly right - they DON'T know much. If he just vanishes, they might come looking - mercenaries really like getting paid. Killing them would be messier than paying them off and sending them on their way.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

mbarker

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 01:33:03 AM »
But I thought he wasn't telling the other police that he had hired mercenaries? So unless he's in the cruiser (and he seems to be the long-distance operator), these are "good cops" -- at least not under his control. And he wouldn't want the mercenaries to accidentally tell them that he hired them?

We'll know soon, I guess. Fun trying to figure out which way this frog is going to hop. And what about those other amorphs?

mbarker

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 04:51:42 AM »
Well, Monobrow seems intent on trying to bully Michelle... too bad for him that Schlock is out there, diving off the dam into the waterfall (hum, is that a tribute to The Fugitive?).

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 05:15:25 AM »
Running with a gun and it isn't any fun as a fugitive...

Oh, wait. I suspect Schlock would disagree.

(Yeah, this is what I do when I don't have anything intelligent to contribute. I just quote song lyrics.)

mbarker

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 10:23:36 AM »
But he doesn't have any guns right now... although he's still eager to take on the police barehanded! What a guy...er, amorph.   ;)

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 09:01:46 PM »
Well, Monobrow seems intent on trying to bully Michelle... too bad for him that Schlock is out there, diving off the dam into the waterfall (hum, is that a tribute to The Fugitive?).

More importantly, how much did he overhear about the conversation?  Does he know Schlock is at the other end of it?
Nature hates being reified.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 11:16:36 PM »
Does he know Schlock is at the other end of it?

Oh, I'm sure he knows. She dropped Schlock's name at least twice in their conversation, including addressing him about the tracing...And I'm pretty sure the "We are not amused" was in reference to that.

Basically, if he doesn't know who was on the other end of the line, he doesn't deserve to be part of UNS Military Intelligence.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

mbarker

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 04:51:01 AM »
Aha. So Timmons has declared Schlock as a perp. He blew up the airvan, I guess. So we are doing The Fugitive! And will Schlock get to Timmons in time? Tick, tick, tick...

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 04:30:48 PM »
Aha. So Timmons has declared Schlock as a perp. He blew up the airvan, I guess. So we are doing The Fugitive! And will Schlock get to Timmons in time? Tick, tick, tick...

He may not have to.

I haven't missed the fact that we haven't seen the other amorphs or Jud Shafter recently.

mbarker

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 04:32:54 AM »
And we have a winner! Happyman pegged it, it was Jud and Shafter's Shifters (kind of shifty, aren't they?) all the time. We were watching the sideshow!

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 03:29:50 PM »
Victory lap!  First time I've called a plot twist this, um, cleanly.

The real question:  What will Timmons and the UNS do next?

mbarker

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 01:07:32 AM »
Given that Timmons seems to think getting rid of all the witnesses is a good policy, and his bosses (in that call) seem rather perturbed with him... I think I'd be checking for possible boomex in the area? You can run, but you can't hide...