Author Topic: Alcatraz and the Scrivener's Bones audio book  (Read 1467 times)

Lutious

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Alcatraz and the Scrivener's Bones audio book
« on: August 12, 2009, 10:27:05 PM »
Is there a date on when we can expect the audio book yet?  Or have a missed that there is one already? :P

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Alcatraz and the Scrivener's Bones audio book
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 01:20:26 AM »
I wouldn't hold your breath. Scholastic apparently decided not to put one out at the same time as the hardback, and they may not decide to release one at all unless the series picks up in popularity with later volumes.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Lutious

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 02:31:11 AM »
Harsh...  I loved the "kid" that did the first one.  So this series isn't doing well?  It is fantastic.  I've gotten quite a few people to read it myself.  lol

I've also kept an eye on my son's scholastic book orders.  Was I mistaken in thinking this would show up there at some point?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 05:31:35 PM »
No Alcatraz has ever showed up in the book orders? They were theoretically supposed to.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 08:31:42 PM »
The first one was at my bro/sis's school book fair the year it came out.  I dunno if SB ended up at the fair (partly because one of the princples decided that "We don't want fantasy and magic books in our book fair.  They're pointless books, and kids should focus on the real world".  I've come to the conclusion she's a librian.  She's evil enough for it.)
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 10:46:47 PM »
I saw Alcatraz on book order once or twice around the time the second one came out, but nothing since. THey didn't push it as much as some others. I would assume the same thing will happen this year, it will appear for a month or two when the next book comes out.