Author Topic: Dental work  (Read 2949 times)

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: Dental work
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2004, 12:43:29 PM »
Verdict is: 6 cavities, one of which is major, possible root canal material. Went in this morning to work on it, and he said he doesn't think it will need a root canal, but with the amount of drilling he did (and 4 or 5 shots of novicaine, one of which was right up my tooth), I dunno which is worse.

I hurt.

And I have to go back tomorrow for 2 more fillings. Much more minor.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2004, 01:06:18 PM »
youch. This is why I don't go to the Dentist. Did you hurt BEFORE you went in? No. Did you hurt after? yes. the logical conclusion is that he did it to you.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2004, 01:13:15 PM »
Hey, at least it's not some bizzare form of jaw cancer, right?  

But speaking as someone who's had alot of dental work done, I feel your pain.  Sometimes literally.  

Incidentally, if I were a dentist I would make a point of playing the dentist song from Little Shop of Horrors at least once an hour.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2004, 05:21:52 PM »
Yeeah, I had one done last saturday. The only thing I like about dentists is the novacaine. The rest of it can be condemned.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2004, 06:58:49 PM »
The thing I hate the most (apart from pain, waiting for the pain, feeling the pain and anticipating the pain) is the fluid they tell you to rinse out with. What's wrong with water? Nothing. But no, they have to make you use this blue fluid, that just doesn't want to let go of your mouth. It feels like you're being assaulted by treacle.

Argh.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch