Author Topic: Writing Group  (Read 10073 times)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: Writing Group
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 09:25:05 PM »
No offense meant, but if you wish to continue discussing if Utahns do or do not have sex more or less then the rest of the world, please move it onto it's own topic.  I'd prefer to keep this strictly for finding members of the writing group, thank you.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2009, 09:49:47 PM »
I was trying to get the topic dropped which everyone understood with the exception of shaggy
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 10:09:30 PM »
Hey if you wanna make statements and have them not be challenged even if they're nonsensical, you gotta speak up.

And if you want to end the discussion, say so, don't try and finish it with yet ANOTHER point.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2009, 05:12:58 PM »
Explain to me how my healthy beleif that people lie almost as much as they are honest being nonsensical? (and yes that was a tad bit of sarcasm) Seriously though surveys are not trustworthy (they are brethren to pie in that respect) hell in a similar survey i took in 7th grade i put yes on "Are you sexualy active?" and so did half the guys in my class because of how ridiculous the survey was...

If in lived near you i would be most definately be interested in the group. Alas, 1000+ miles is a little much
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2009, 05:36:13 PM »
That's not what I was talking about. But due to the annoyance of other posters on this thread, how bout we drop it?

Yes, the distance is a little too much for me as well.  :(
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2009, 06:36:34 PM »
The group sounds extremely fun, but driving 3 hours down and 3 hours back once a week doesn't.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

stridera

• Level 6
  • Fantasy Programmer
    • View Profile
    • Strider's Realm
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2009, 06:46:01 PM »
My parents live in Alpine, so maybe I'll have to jump in a session or two next time I go visit.
Now we sit through Shakespeare in order to recognize the quotations.
  - Orson Welles

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2009, 04:47:21 AM »
When I move down to Provo next year (hopefully), and if you're still doing this, I will TOTALLY join the fun. And fun is exactly what it sounds like, especially if you're not sacrificing virgins. I'd like to keep my heartbeat...
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2009, 04:51:28 AM »
Well, at least, not ones in the group.  And don't worry Wilson, I might not start it until you get down here.  So far I have me, and a friend from work.  That's it.  I think we want to have at least four or five memebers (at least I do) and I'm HOPING for at least one guy.  So, you know, you're totally welcome to join if/when you move.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2009, 05:10:06 AM »
If this didn't include moving to the scariest city in the USA, I'd totally join up. Hows about we meet in a neutral location? SLC, perhaps? ;) Just kidding. Either way, there's no way for me to make it. I'm stuck where I am for another semester at least, but we'll see where I can go after that. It's not going to be Provo, though. I can guarantee that.

My hatred for Provo is showing. Nobody hate me for hating their city, now.

I'll say one good thing about it; Provo has very good availability of foreign foods for its size.
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2009, 05:14:31 AM »
And see, I'd be willing to meet all of you people from SLC and above half way.  I just can't afford the gas to travel all the way up there (just like you can't afford to come down here.)  But I'm pretty sure I could manage going to like Lehi, or AF or something.  (That's about half way, right?)

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2009, 06:34:57 AM »
Trust me, sortitus, I wouldn't move to Provo unless I had a good reason to...My reason is that one of my friends wants to move down there to go to school. And my younger sisters might possibly join her. And since I graduate with my BA next year (again, hopefully), I won't have anything to do except write, and I can do that anywhere, and I'd like to be with my friend, and my sisters (it's their first time out on their own--meaning away from parents--and I'd like to be in a position to keep an eye on them), and that means Provo.

Plus, I'll be able to meet Mi'chelle finally, and perhaps I'll even be able to make it to a release party or two (since I freaking missed the last one  >:().
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

stridera

• Level 6
  • Fantasy Programmer
    • View Profile
    • Strider's Realm
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2009, 06:38:30 AM »
Anyone from Utah remember the song they used to play back in the day?

"Going down to provo, going to pick me up some fat chicks."

Or is that just me? :)
Now we sit through Shakespeare in order to recognize the quotations.
  - Orson Welles

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2009, 06:34:32 AM »
little wilson, I've missed all of Brandon's release parties so far, just because I can't convince my parents to let me drive down to provo on my own, and they don't want to take me. It's very much a sad situation.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2009, 07:09:07 AM »
Where in Idaho are you from? (I live in Twin Falls, that's why I'm asking...)

I really thought I'd be able to get down to the Warbreaker release, but alas, that didn't pan out the way I wanted it to (I was moving into my apartment in Rexburg the Saturday before, and Chris/miyabi drove down that day, and I didn't have any other way to get down to Provo).

So yes. I may dislike Utah (driving down there is INSANE! People here get on my case for my driving, but geez. I'm like Driving Miss Daisy compared to the average Utah driver...), but if I'm living in Provo in the next couple of years, oh boy will I be going to the release parties...They will totally make up for the location.