Author Topic: Writing Group  (Read 10069 times)

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
Re: Writing Group
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 03:08:04 AM »
You expect brainless dolts to be able to keep a secret? That's like expecting a german to prefer soy over pork...or a frenchie who hates wine
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 03:09:39 AM »
What if we just stalk them and look at them all creepy-like at first and then snatch them before they can tell all of their friends?
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 03:11:29 AM »
Still do you want the "victim" moaning when you tie them up? That would get old really fast...
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 03:56:23 AM »
We prefer the term "offering".
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 05:32:26 AM »
I'm sorry, but I'm not even going to sacarfice them.  After all, I need to convert them to the occult of Mi'chelle's writing so I have hords of fans who will make me rich so I can write and teach for a living.  If they're read that brainless mush, maybe they'll upgrade to my stuff in the future.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 05:38:24 AM »
Does your book have a vocabulary level over age 9...well i doubt they could read it anyways

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 05:39:16 AM »
Hm... this is true.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 06:05:59 AM »
I recommend a movie deal to indoctrinate the masses.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 06:09:00 AM »
Yeah, but movies are never good.

What I should write for them is:

I whined to my mom about how unfair life was.  My whining was noticed by this guy who told me to grow up, but then whispered that he thought it was cute that I wasn't mature.  He also said he had a dark secret.

When I found out his secret I was suddenly attracted to him even more then I had been before.  I begged him to take me away, and he said that he would, but only before breaking my heart.  But I loved him so it was okay.  The end.

The sad part is, throw in a really popular boy that she has the hots for, make the guy with the secret her best friend who's been pining for her for as long as they've known each other, and you've got about 80% of the 15-17 books covered.

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 06:15:04 AM »
You might have a hard time finding virgins, since I sacrifice one every time I start a new project. Sorry about that.

Are you kidding? She lives in UTAH.
Who the hell is interrupting my Kung Fu!

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2009, 05:49:53 PM »
Why is it that people believe their religous group behaves differently than any other? Sex outside of marriage is considered sin by most religons but maybe 5% of the followers care the rest are hormonal and want to get laid...

Frog

• Level 13
  • "Have a popover, Froggie!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2009, 07:21:41 PM »
Why is it that people believe their religous group behaves differently than any other?
I would say it was because it is harder to speak of what you don't personally know. I think I know my religion fairly well. I have meet several hundred members from different areas and seen how they live. And based on that I would question your estimated percentage from within the context my own religion. I can't say that for other religions simply because I do not have enough experience with any one group to project any sort of estimate, but if others with a different experience want to chime in, I would not discredit them. Though really, I think this conversation is once again getting into a pattern that could be degrading for us all, even if it started as joke.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 07:40:50 PM by Frog »
I've already conquered the world. This is exactly the way I want it.

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2009, 09:49:51 PM »
Why is it that people believe their religous group behaves differently than any other?

I believe it because it's true.

The national average of seniors who've had sex is a over 60%. In Utah it's around 15%.

I finished high school in Utah. My group of close friends in high school was about 10 guys. Out of them, only one had sex during high school. And we were hardly the good kids in school.

You can chalk those statistics up to whatever you want. But the fact is, Utah has the lowest percent of sexually active high school kids. It has the lowest percentage of unwed mothers, even though it has the highest birthrate.
Who the hell is interrupting my Kung Fu!

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2009, 11:15:41 PM »
How on earth do you come up with statistics like that have a mandatory physical and check their hymen? or do you take their word for it? that's hardly an accurate way to do anything... anyways arguing over a point in which both parties have already decided where they stand is a moot point...further discussion serves no purpose

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2009, 08:33:25 PM »
... anyways arguing over a point in which both parties have already decided where they stand is a moot point...further discussion serves no purpose
I disagree. People's minds can be changed. Especially with the use of statistics (sometimes).
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.