Author Topic: Book Review Site  (Read 22206 times)

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
Re: Book Review Site
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2009, 05:37:10 AM »
He's nothing special....woops i mean HEEEE""SSSS GREAT!!!!!
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2009, 05:08:08 PM »
After reading over his responses to the questions Nick and I asked him for our interview this coming Thursday, my respect for him went up significantly. While many people may not like that his stories are blatant sword-n-sorcery based in RPG, there is no denying that he has paved a lot of the way for the Heroic Fantasy of now days.  Check out our interview on Thursday...we really liked his responses.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2009, 12:45:25 AM »
Sure thing.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2009, 04:43:27 AM »
Salvatore's right up there with Weis and Hickman as one of THE people who got me into the genre. You can bet I'll be reading.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2009, 08:06:17 PM »
The interview was posted this morning.  It was a terrific interview with some really great answers.  Go check it out.

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2009, 02:19:34 AM »
Your review site has made me realize something: I am a girl reader and you are boy readers.  That isn't completely accurate because I know there are a lot of girls who read the books you review, but apparently, for the most part, I am not one of them. This makes me a little sad, strangely.

And I remember the one R.A. Salvatore book I've read. It had one female character with a name.  She showed up at the very end in order to marry the hero. Sigh.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

Shi

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart page
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2009, 05:15:26 AM »
Your review site has made me realize something: I am a girl reader and you are boy readers.  That isn't completely accurate because I know there are a lot of girls who read the books you review, but apparently, for the most part, I am not one of them. This makes me a little sad, strangely.

Haha! Yeah, I guess I must be a girl reader that reads like a boy. :) Doesn't surprise me though, I can't tell you how many times people have called me "sir", or about the little boy that asked me if I'm really a girl. The thing is, I and no one I know can't figure out why this keeps happening to me, cause trust me, I do NOT look like a guy.

My taste in books, though, I blame my big brothers. That's what you get for letting a ten year old watch Blade.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2009, 04:02:17 PM »

And I remember the one R.A. Salvatore book I've read. It had one female character with a name.  She showed up at the very end in order to marry the hero. Sigh.

Lol! It's OK, Sigyn.  Tell you what, shoot me a PM or email with some newly published books you would really like Nick and I to review that go more towards your taste.  The reality is that you're not alone in this (queue sad, yet sympathetic, movie orchestral piece).  No but really, there are a lot of people who read like you do. Seriously, shoot me some specifics to read. Just don't say Mercedes Lackey. Her covers alone make me vomit.

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2009, 04:46:47 PM »
Oh, I hate Mercedes Lackey too, so no problem there.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

Slamel

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Elitist Book Reviews
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2009, 07:17:27 PM »

We have books by Faith Hunter, Gail Carriger, and Amanda Downum being reviewed in the very near future.  You'll have to let Steve or I know what you think of those or if they still aren't what you're looking for.  The first is marketed for women, the second is light-hearted comedic fantasy, the third is Amanda's entry into the Epic Fantasy market.

I noticed a while ago one of our readers, a girl, mentioned that we didn't review many female authors.  So I have been trying to find female authors in a variety of genres, and books marketed towards girl readers. Its been....interesting to say the least.  Steve and I figured I was the girly one of the pair so I got this job...  What Steve?  Just because I get manicures?  I hate you.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2009, 07:19:45 PM »
Hey can you guys review one of Harlan Ellison's novels i love his short stories but have yet to read a "book" by him.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2009, 07:28:01 PM »

We have books by Faith Hunter, Gail Carriger, and Amanda Downum being reviewed in the very near future.  You'll have to let Steve or I know what you think of those or if they still aren't what you're looking for.  The first is marketed for women, the second is light-hearted comedic fantasy, the third is Amanda's entry into the Epic Fantasy market.

I noticed a while ago one of our readers, a girl, mentioned that we didn't review many female authors.  So I have been trying to find female authors in a variety of genres, and books marketed towards girl readers. Its been....interesting to say the least.  Steve and I figured I was the girly one of the pair so I got this job...  What Steve?  Just because I get manicures?  I hate you.

You love me.  But yes you were the girl one. All our friends agreed.

And I also have the latest Sookie Stackhouse novel from Harris to read.

Kaz-- We'll see what we can find.

Slamel

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Elitist Book Reviews
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2009, 10:23:06 PM »
Nobody likes you Steve.  We took a vote.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2009, 11:14:40 PM »
I know...I was there and voted with the unanimous decision. Though I though we were voting on whether you looked like a terrorist.  Sneaky punks!

Slamel

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Elitist Book Reviews
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2009, 11:47:21 PM »
I thought that decision had been reached a long time ago.  Hey, so we need to get together.  I feel bad for accepting the money your wife pays me to hang out with you, if we never hang out.  I do have principlies you know.