Author Topic: Flaming liberals!!!  (Read 5104 times)

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
Re: Flaming liberals!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2004, 12:53:11 AM »
well that's not stupid, thats using religion to gain power, whitch actually takes some intelligence
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2004, 01:03:17 AM »
    Not the ones I am talking about. I know what you are saying, but I am talking about the ones that get the death sentence because they drowned their baby after "God told them to." The people that become religious leaders for the power like that are fairly smart, at least when it comes to people, but they are the worst ones, that know what they are doing is wrong and do it anyway.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2004, 01:05:08 AM »
ay drowned your baby cuz god said so is dumb, but dont hate the people, hate thier actions, that's all I'm sayin, is some people are bad,  but some just dont know any better in which case you can hate the action but not them

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2004, 01:11:31 AM »
   I still think that it is fine to hate the person for their actions. Even though they might not have known better, they still did what they did, and should have to take responsibility for it. I know that this isnt a popular viewpoint, but if you stick a metal fork into a electrical outlet because you didnt know that it would hurt, you are still going to get shocked.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2004, 01:13:59 AM »
a valid point. why not agree to disagree that we agree about disagreeing upon our agreement? or in other words we're probably both right, or something like that...

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2004, 01:16:25 AM »
   That works for me, and is actually how a lot of moral debates end up, because people are so different that it is impossible, or nearly, to make an absolute right and wrong. In conclusion, I agree to disagree and so on and so forth and such like.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2004, 09:41:25 AM »
ok, remember the rule about trading posts with just one guy over a short period of time? Yeah, just thought I'd remind you of it.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2004, 10:28:54 AM »
and I'll get angry and threten to flame/lock/delete/smite/break limbs and light you on fire.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2004, 01:59:06 PM »
Can someone direct me to a function that makes one persons posts invisible to you? TFO's posts are useless to me, since I only read things that I can actually, y'know, understand.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2004, 03:19:51 PM »
unfortunately, the "ignore user" feature is a mod pack. good luck convincing someone to install it.

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2004, 06:57:54 PM »
Sorry Ehlers, didnt really realize that I was doing it.