Author Topic: Scadriel  (Read 8367 times)

JakobLayn

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Scadriel
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2009, 11:15:25 PM »
Awesome so is this after WoK series or during
The fear to explore the unknowns in life is to deny yourself all the joys and happiness as well

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2009, 02:24:53 AM »
We don't know the relative chronology. Brandon said in the B&N chat that Mistborn is in a way a sequel to Elantris, so that might mean it happens after Elantris. We also know that The Liar of Partinel happens a few thousand years before Elantris/Mistborn. We don't know whether WoK happens after or before Mistborn or its sequels.

Or if you were saying whether the next Mistborn series would be published after WoK or during it—probably after. Even if he does start writing it during WoK it wouldn't be until toward the end and I'm guessing it would be at the earliest 2018, but 2021 or later seems more likely.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2009, 02:43:16 AM »
Oh, that's right. I remember that....Mistborn serial killer. I hope we get into their head...I'd like to know the mind of a mistborn serial killer in a world with guns, cars, and skyscrapers. Sounds like fun.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2009, 10:23:54 PM »
Aren't mistborn extremely rare already...so are you saying they are just more so and if you are then how rare are they...approximately 1000..100...3..1
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2009, 11:45:12 PM »
Aren't mistborn extremely rare already...so are you saying they are just more so and if you are then how rare are they...approximately 1000..100...3..1

Probably one in an entire generation. In the Final Empire, there were less than twenty (more like less than ten) at one time, but in later times, you'd be lucky if you found one every twenty years. If that.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2009, 04:03:09 AM »
But the planet would be more heavily populated as well so i could see there being several hundred but that still makes up sliver of a fraction of a percent
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2009, 05:26:57 AM »
Maybe, but the more Allomantic genes are spread out, the more the power would fracture.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2009, 06:00:48 AM »
but who says the noble class is destroyed? so long that it existt the weakening of the blood is a much slower process

bookWorm

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2009, 06:28:19 AM »
The reason that the Mistborn serial killer is so dangerous is that there really aren't Mistborn anymore. Spook was just made into a weak one and most of the other allomancers had just died fighting Kolos. There is still enough blood to keep allomancy going, but Brandon said that mistborns almost become extinct, as do full ferucimists.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2009, 06:41:14 PM »
At least until Sazed decides to give someone the power again.  Also, IIRC, Brandon said Marsh will be in the next series, and he will most likely be just as powerful as before.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2009, 12:33:14 AM »
The question still stands because "almost extinct" is rather vague and on a planet of a billion or more people as there must be after the several century gap 1000 people is still a very small group...i doubt there is that many but we have little information as of yet