Author Topic: Scadriel  (Read 7656 times)

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Re: Scadriel
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 06:03:43 AM »
I'm also scouring. You take Mistborn 1. I'm reading Mistborn 2 right now....whoever finishes first should take Elantris. Unless someone else wants to helps us out?
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 10:42:19 AM »
He said it was a deleted scene, so no need to check the annotations.  And since he said no one has noticed, I'm sure it's a new one, so check the most recent ones -- say the last five?
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 04:37:51 PM »
Just check the Deleted Scenes in the Library.

http://brandonsanderson.com/library/
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 06:41:25 PM »
Those were what I was checking. I was reading the alternate ending for WoA. Didn't find anything, though...I'm not sure which one to turn to now. Elantris or Mistborn? Hmm.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »
You have to look very closely. It's quite literally a trace.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Plasman

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 06:45:25 PM »
i'm reading through the mistborn ones right now. so far i've only found one possibility. there is a random nobleman who starts talking to Vin at one point and she thinks he's trying to hit on her and she scares him away. still looking...
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Plasman

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 06:48:41 PM »
will you confirm it if we actually do find it Ook?
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 06:49:37 PM »
Quite literally a trace?....Meaning that the affects of something he did are being seen?...I'm so confused.

The only thing I really noticed in the alternate ending was the torn pages (which are also in the actual ending). The edge flutters back to Sazed and he sees the Mist figure standing in the room (I was hoping, and then the figure turned up and I'm like, "blast.")....everything else was either the noblemen arguing--like Cett and Penrod--or Koloss...Or Terrismen....Or just Vin and Elend.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »
Quite literally a trace?....Meaning that the affects of something he did are being seen?
Yes, but even more literal than that.

If you find it I'll confirm it.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 06:55:39 PM »
Wait. I just remembered something. There was a boot print near the Well of Ascension....Is that Hoid's boot-print?

Vin knelt, feeling where it gestured. There, in the frost, she thought she made out the distinct impression of a footprint. But that was impossible. Did the Spirit make it? She wondered. But that was the print of a boot.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 06:59:32 PM by little wilson »

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2009, 07:10:02 PM »
You found it.

Yes.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 07:14:25 PM »
Really? Yay! I'm happy now!

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 07:26:10 PM »
It's really obscure, isn't it? Would anyone have made the connection if that had made it into the published book?

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2009, 07:28:39 PM »
I think I would've just assumed it was TLR's print. That's what I had initially thought when I read it. Because it was next to the broken pottery--which they had said TLR had probably broken, but now I'm thinking Hoid broke it.

So does this mean that Hoid broke the pottery in the actual version? Somehow he got into the cavern and broke the pottery, exposing the larasium?...Maybe THAT'S why Brandon keeps saying Hoid is in WoA. Because a trace of him is...

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009, 11:06:21 PM »
I'm personally guessing that the magic of each world is somehow related to the shards that created it.  Thus the powers of Ruin and Preservation are metallic, and so their creations can use metal to power their magic.  Presumably the shard that created Elantris uses or represents symbols (and perhaps created the Dor), and so her/his/its creations can access power through symbols.  Similarly, I would not be at all surprised if Austre's powers relate to colors, and thus all its creations can access power by absorbing color.

Thus Elantris and Mistborn are probably not the same world, ignoring all the other difficulties with the idea.
Nature hates being reified.