Author Topic: Brandon answering questions at Barnes&Nobles.com  (Read 10407 times)

Plasman

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Brandon answering questions at Barnes&Nobles.com
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2009, 06:17:50 AM »
i got really excited too, which is kinda funny cuz its not even like its a huge revelation to what is going on. just names lol.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2009, 06:30:14 AM »
Yes. And Plas, I was just looking at some of the past questions and I came across the other Hoid one that Zas asked and he mentioned the elderly steward. And Brandon didn't say it was him....So either Brandon didn't notice that (very unlikely) or he is not Hoid (much more likely)....Sad day. *goes back to searching WoA*
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Plasman

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2009, 06:39:18 AM »
well hold on for a second. i saw that to, but i still think it is the old man.  the question gave a list of possibilities that that person had come up with, but notice that brandon neither confirmed nor denied their guesses and kinda dodged the specific question saying that we were very close. i think that brandon was just hesitating to give it away when someone came at him with a list of possibilities and not a specific guess. with the clues he's given us i still think that the olld man is the only one that fits.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2009, 06:41:27 AM »
Like, for some reason, I got really excited to see the names of all the planets. That sounds like something odd to get excited about (for me, anyway) and yet I was....At least now we can refer to the Elantris planet as Sel and not the planet that contains Opelon...haha.

Squee!
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2009, 06:57:31 AM »
I'm not going to comment except to say that it looks like what you've found fits everything Brandon says. (I do know the answer but I think I've done enough confirming on this issue.)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2009, 07:00:39 AM »
well hold on for a second. i saw that to, but i still think it is the old man.  the question gave a list of possibilities that that person had come up with, but notice that brandon neither confirmed nor denied their guesses and kinda dodged the specific question saying that we were very close. i think that brandon was just hesitating to give it away when someone came at him with a list of possibilities and not a specific guess. with the clues he's given us i still think that the olld man is the only one that fits.

True. He never did confirm or deny it....And to be honest, I don't WANT to search WoA for Hoid. Because I agree with you. I still think the elderly steward makes the most sense...And I also think that when you explain it that way, I can see Brandon doing that. I don't know him (I've only met him once and only talking to him for, like, 20-30 minutes that one time), but just from what I know about him (...that sounds relatively stalkerish. I swear I'm not stalking Brandon....), it seems like something he'd do. Evade the question because it wasn't direct enough...

And Chaos---Squee!

Oh geez. Cryptic response, much?....*shakes head*
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Plasman

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2009, 07:16:29 AM »
*sigh* you are so cruel Ook...
i guess we'll have to wait for this second question answering period

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2009, 04:34:06 PM »
Another possibility for Hoid is one of the Terris soldiers Elend sees. He does note that they walk with excellent posture and a smooth grace. I'd say it's more likely for it to be the old man, but those others fit as well.
I came because I heard stories, tales of a lengendary man.
A man who was known as the Lord of the Mists, a man they named Survivor.
A man called Hope.

Plasman

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2009, 06:08:34 PM »
yeah i believe we mentioned them as a possibility in the Hoid thread, along with the terrisman who serves Elend and the old man tea, but we went back to the old man because he is the only one with a speaking part and despite this is left without a name.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2009, 06:23:24 PM »
I'm not going to comment except to say that it looks like what you've found fits everything Brandon says. (I do know the answer but I think I've done enough confirming on this issue.)

The enigma returns.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.