Author Topic: Scholastic tightening up with Alcatraz 3 release?  (Read 3731 times)

Batchman

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Can I get you some water?
    • View Profile
    • Official Gordon Korman Web Site
Re: Scholastic tightening up with Alcatraz 3 release?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 06:50:23 AM »
Well, amazon sent this on its way to me, today. Still won't likely see it until next week because I have the free (slow) shipping, but it has left the warehouse.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 06:52:38 AM »
Ook, any more updates on the rp?  I told my little sister about it, and now every day she bugs me about it... I just need something to get her to stop asking.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 03:28:35 PM »
I will ask later today.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 07:06:05 PM »
I got mine today, though my boys grabbed it before I got in the door, so it will be a few days until I get to read it. Please announce a signing. I would love to bring my children.

Batchman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 07:27:14 PM »
Off topic, but may I say, I miss Ookla ... was a fun name.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 09:33:55 PM »
11 years is a good run. I will still answer to it, so you don't have to stop calling me it.

The release party is Oct 10, 2:00-4:00, Barnes&Noble in Sandy. An announcement will go on the site soon.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Troubadour

• Level 4
  • Fantabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 04:30:15 AM »
On topic: Still searching for a copy at my Borders. They're rapidly vanishing, or just not carried. Not sure which one yet.

Off topic: Ook is no longer Ook?

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 04:59:51 AM »
Bah!  Why is it that every time I go down to vegas he does something cool?  Still, if I have to choose, I'll be in Vegas every year.

Also, ook, why did you change it?
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2009, 05:58:01 AM »
If you look on the shelf and it's not there, go up to the desk and ask them to order it in for you. Don't just hope it will be there the next time you go, because it probably won't be, especially not at Borders.

The site that was hosting my avatar went down. I was going to put the avatar on Brandon's site but didn't like the quality of the old one and couldn't find a new one that was any good. Also, I don't use the name anywhere else now except for Ars Technica and I may change that. I've been using my real name in public communication on messageboards except for this one for at least three years (at animeondvd and animenewsnetwork), and on facebook and twitter. Using real names is what people do nowadays.

Besides, my connection to Ookla the Mok was through the band. I have never actually seen an episode of Thundarr the Barbarian. He's not a nostalgia item that accurately represents me. And naming yourself after your favorite band is starting to seem kind of boring. Even if it is a band that few people know about.

Batchman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2009, 03:03:07 AM »
Well, amazon was pretty quick, even with free shipping.

Got book 3 today.

Maybe I will have a chance to read this weekend.