Author Topic: Warbreaker on 'manybooks.net' Update?  (Read 1218 times)

Turbolinux999

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Warbreaker on 'manybooks.net' Update?
« on: July 02, 2009, 04:26:00 AM »
When I first downloaded Warbreaker I got it from Mr. Sanderson's site.  The device I use to read books isn't friendly with PDF's so I Googled the book.  Through it, I found manybooks.net and a copy of the book in a format that my reader worked very, very well with.  Unfortunately, in a zealous glee at finding one that worked so well, I missed that it was published in 2008 and is actually v4.0.
I don't know if Mr. Sanderson put it there himself or if someone did it for him but I just wanted to know if the book would be updated on manybooks.net or if I will have to go back to copying the text out of the PDF(It didn't work very well).

If anyone has useful input it would be appreciated.

eVeNtInE

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Warbreaker on 'manybooks.net' Update?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 05:10:01 AM »
You should be able to find a current Microsoft Word file version on his site here, along with some other versions.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 11:51:00 PM »
The PDF is the most recent version though, more recent than the Microsoft Word one.

Which format is it that your reader prefers?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Turbolinux999

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 01:44:19 AM »
At the moment, I am using a PalmDOC(.pdb) file on my GP2X and it works so very well.

When the book was first released(Completed) I just copied the text into a .txt notepad file but it, obviously, sucked.  Then I found ManyBooks and it was great... I'm on chapter nineteen and I hate that I have to start over, but I don't want to have missed anything.
Luckily, Mr. Sanderson is an amazing writer and I think it would be nice to read the finished product.

Note: The program I use on the GP2X is not the default reader.  It can handle PDFs, but it does so poorly.