Author Topic: World Fantasy  (Read 20953 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: World Fantasy
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2009, 06:16:00 PM »
Stacy is going and needs to room with someone, I believe.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

perkial

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2009, 06:27:40 PM »
Ok, folks. I've got time constraints with work, so I actually booked a plane ticket (Southwest had a pretty good deal) and will meet you guys down there. Wish I coulda traveled via car--would have been a blast with you crazy folks. I arrive in San Jose at 2:30, so I'll hook up with you at the convention.

Also, they were running low on rooms at the hotel, and I wasn't sure where how things were developing here, so I booked one of the last rooms I could get--a single queen bed with a pull-out couch. I've got it from Thursday night to Sunday morning. Since I used Expedia, I've already paid for it. I'm certainly willing to share the room, though. It was expensive, but cheaper than the World Fantasy rates!--Josh

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2009, 06:34:03 PM »
I've updated the first post to include all the latest info on cars and rooms, to the best of my knowledge. Thank you to everyone for keeping us updated.

And hooray that Eric and Heidi are coming, and Janci is probably coming. That's awesome.

As for panels, I filled out the survey but they haven't gotten back to me.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2009, 08:22:52 PM »
Isaac bought a membership, so he is coming for sure.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Eric James Stone

• Level 12
    • View Profile
    • Eric James Stone's Website
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2009, 09:03:19 PM »
Janci and Isaac have taken the two extra spots in my car, so my car is full.
Eric James Stone
Nebula Award Nominated Author
Read my serialized novel Unforgettable for free online.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2009, 10:23:34 PM »
I've adjusted the list accordingly.

Does this mean Janci's in for sure?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

precious-jules

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2009, 05:28:53 PM »
I'm already sharing a room with Eric's girlfriend, Heidi, but the more the merrier if Stacy would like to room with us. We'd love to have her.

And Eric? Did Heidi make reservations or do you want me to do that? I was going to do it today, but didn't want to double book us if it's already been done. And yep, I need a ride. Any cars left to ride share?
"...for what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?"
------- Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2009, 07:23:54 PM »
I've heard a rumor that Marion Jensen (Matt Buckley) is potentially coming, so everyone bug him until he caves in.

Firemeboy

• Level 14
  • Spoooon!
    • View Profile
    • Chickens Don't Have Armpits
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2009, 02:46:25 AM »
Well, nobody is bugging me. I'm not sure what to think of that. :)

I've just registered, so I'm more than likely going to go. I can drive, if needed. I've also got a van I may be able to swing into bringing. It's a late model Honda that seats 6 comfortable, or 8 uncomfortably.

I've also got a closet of board/card games. Make a request; if I have it, I'll bring it.
Licensed to dispense PEZ in 28 states.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2009, 04:29:32 PM »
Ooh, definitely bring Race for the Galaxy and Agricola; those are two I've wanted to try. I'll bring some good ones like Space Alert and Small World, and of course Battlestar Galactica.

Firemeboy

• Level 14
  • Spoooon!
    • View Profile
    • Chickens Don't Have Armpits
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2009, 10:17:49 PM »
Ooh, I've heard good things about Space Alert.

I bought Battlestar Galatica, and we played it with my gaming group. We only got 2 cards where Cylon ships entered the board. They were all clumped at the bottom of the deck (we fired the shuffler). I'd like to try it again with some actual bad guys on the board.

Will definitely bring Race for the Galaxy, as well as Agricola. RFtG is probably my number 2 game right now (after Dominion).
Licensed to dispense PEZ in 28 states.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2009, 10:35:51 PM »
I liked Dominion. Very fun. BSG is great when everything goes nuts. Dan and I have had some great games like that.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

onelowerlight

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2009, 06:13:31 AM »
Hey, just saw this thread, new to the forums and all.  I think I know some of you from LTUE and Brandon's 318 class at BYU, not sure who's who though. 

Anyway, my name's Joe Vasicek, and I'm driving up to San Jose for the convention with a few other friends who are going.  As of now, I've got at least three other people driving up with me, with two other people who may or may not come. 

My car seats 6 people comfortably, 7 people legally, and I'll be staying with friends (I served my mission in San Jose and know a lot of people there).  I think one of the girls riding up with me already booked a room, not sure though--I can find out and ask her if she did and if she's open to sharing with other people.  As for the other passengers, I think they'll be staying with friends too, though I'm not sure.

Of course, if you're short on cash, you could always go for what the locals call the "motel 22"...yeah right, bad idea, it's basically an all-night bus ticket on the 22 line that runs continuously throughout the city.  :P Ah, I love San Jose!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2009, 06:10:11 PM »
Joe, let me know more exactly how many people are riding with you, how many seats are available, and how many people need/have a hotel room, and I'll add it to the list at the start of the thread.

stridera

• Level 6
  • Fantasy Programmer
    • View Profile
    • Strider's Realm
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2009, 08:06:43 PM »
If worst comes to worst I have a couch/front room floor if anyone needs a cheap option. 

(I take no responsibility for anyone who accepts this offer and has their face eaten by one of my curious cats.)
Now we sit through Shakespeare in order to recognize the quotations.
  - Orson Welles