Author Topic: Nominating Convention for the Senate of Dessert Appreciation.  (Read 2787 times)

Renoard

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
Now taking nominations.  I of course nominate my self.  My qualifications include the fact I am wiling to take no responsibility whatever or make any statements, regarding dessert, which are not equivocal and easily misinterpreted.

The Senate of Dessert Appreciation (SoDA)  will be a body of five legislators and coequal executives who will thwart the agenda of any group attempting to establish real change or give ascendancy to Either Pie or Cake.  They will however be open to bribery and scandal with regard to any sufficiently rich desert, without bias, malice or forethought.  Having taken dessert from special interests, the Senators will be honor bound to obfuscate the issues, provide no guidance and while speaking publicly in favor of their own special interest contributors, abstain from decisions, deal equally with the competing interests and hamper progress toward real ascendancy of either Pie or Cake.

When sufficient nominations have been received and the purpose of this convention has been lost in the general sussurus and debate that is enviable in any such proceeding, a new thread will be announced containing a poll where you can exercise your God given right to exercise futility.

Thank you for your support, I want to be your fake senator.  My name is Renoard and I approve of this message.
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
Re: Nominating Convention for the Senate of Dessert Appreciation.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 05:05:22 AM »
My side hurts...man that was funny....
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 07:43:14 AM »
Wow. That was....unexpected.

I have a question, though. I'm currently sided with the cake faction, but cake is not my favorite dessert. Ben & Jerry's Half-Baked ice cream is. Since there is no "Ben & Jerry's Half-Baked" faction, can I drop my affiliation with cake and run for the Senate? I'd like to be a Senator....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 07:47:52 AM »
Looks like two self nominations, so far.
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 07:49:27 AM »
So I guess the answer to my question is 'yes'?
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 07:52:41 AM »
I nominate myself to be the supreme dictator of the Senate.

...I will mercilessly bribe all those who support me with hypothetical sweets...
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 08:05:26 AM »
Well.....I'll accept brides. I read that bit about the bribery and scandal and thought, "That's me!"....I think honor is lame, except when someone's paying me...I should be a mercenary (although Senator is pretty much the same, so it's all good, eh?).

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 08:07:08 AM »
Now that's my kind of subject constituent!

...Senate for the Appreciation of Desserts.

Kind of a SAD name, isn't it?
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 08:10:42 AM »
haha. Niiice....Constituent definitely has a better connotation than subject, but why hide what you truly want? You're running for supreme dictator. Just call your "constituents" what they are and leave it at that. If we can't handle now, then too bad. That's what dictators are for.

Oh, and SAD? I busted up at that. I'm joining Kaz in the "my sides hurt" group....

Inquisitor

• Level 8
  • Lord of Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 08:58:47 PM »
I will support you in this, Jade, if you will throw your support behind me for the Lord of Cake election.
Captain Commander of the Holy Vanguard of Kaz

I have recently discovered that pie cannot be trusted. I am switching full time to cake.

Cake shall prevail!

Come join us over at the Mistborn Forum RPG!
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mistborn/index.php?

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 04:05:00 AM »
Now that's my kind of subject constituent!

Is you is, or is you ain't my constituent?
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 09:56:16 PM »
I nominate myself.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 11:58:06 PM »
As only a tyrannical ruler could do, I nominate myself to be the Lord Ruler of all desserts.

You may be wondering, why would I bother with pesky elections? I am, after all, the Hero of Ages, so I could just declare myself to own all cakes and all pies. Yet, there is a purpose to my nomination: I hereby announce the "Let Me Eat Cake" Party. You are welcome to join me in my ascendancy to the throne.

The Let Me Eat Cake Party (LMECs, for short) is based solely on honesty and realistic campaign promises, so when I say this, you can believe me: this party's sole purpose is to give me all of their desserts so I can eat cake, along with Pie (I did endorse cake, but its occurrence in the title of my party is happenstance, not blind acquiescence!) and everything else sweet. All your desserts will belong to me. Likewise, I shall do much eating of cake and desserts. In fact, I shall eat my cake and have it too, because after you give me all your cake, I certainly won't be able to eat all of it immediately. I'll be eating one cake while gazing upon a glorious pile of other cakes.

I may even let you eat cake, too, but this campaign promise is subject to change if I am feeling especially petty and/or arrogant.

Join me in my quest and vote for me! If you don't, I will make a new edict (dictators can do cool things like that) which will create a new tax, called the "Dessert Tax", which will do the same thing as if you voted for me. So, y'know, it's in your best interests to save me the effort of having to speak an edict--it makes me kind of grumpy and petty, and then you won't get to eat your desserts at all.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Inquisitor

• Level 8
  • Lord of Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 12:09:14 AM »
The Let Me Eat Cake Party?

I c what u did thar.  :o
Captain Commander of the Holy Vanguard of Kaz

I have recently discovered that pie cannot be trusted. I am switching full time to cake.

Cake shall prevail!

Come join us over at the Mistborn Forum RPG!
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mistborn/index.php?