Author Topic: A word to the wise  (Read 1864 times)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
A word to the wise
« on: June 24, 2009, 08:14:30 PM »
Don't go through moneygram online to send any money.

I've done this to my car payment, and twice now it's caused more headache then it should.

I have a debit visa card, and what they do is put the charge on my account twice -- once for my actual checking account and once for the credit side of things.  Then they'll first try to get the money from my checking account.  If for some reason it doesn't go through they'll try it with my visa account (a.k.a. the same freaking account!)  If the first charge goes through they drop the second one.

So when I try to go and buy something it gets denied because I don't have enough money.  When I call the bank to find out why they tell me my account is going to be over $200 in the hole.

Well, great, so now I can't buy all the things I need because they're holding onto all of the money I have in my checking account.

So today I needed that money to buy a couple of things, and I checked my account and saw that they had taken the money out.  So I figured, "Hey, I'm good to go.  They have their money so I should have mine."  NOPE!  Once they money is taken OUT of my account, they still have the other charge on my account for a week.  So pretty much all of my money is held hostage until I get my other paycheck.

I called them to find out what was going on, and request that they take off the second charge since they should have their money.  (I had this happen to me once before, and they took care of it with no problems.  They did a three way call with my bank and had it taken care of.)  THIS time though they said "Sorry, since we did this in Febuary, we can't do that now.  If you bank sends us a fax..."  We told them that the bank wouldn't do that because they didn't consider it a secure way of doing business.  So then we told them about the confrence call, and the chick put us on hold.  When she came back she was like "sorry, we can't do that anymore."

So basically they refused to work with us AT ALL.  And that lady was just flat out rude.  She kept on interupting us, and my mum (who I handed the phone over to so I didn't yell at the lady a lot) ended up yelling at her "LET ME FINISH MY STATEMENT" and she replied "No."

I've never had any problems with using the store transfers, but don't use the online thing.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"