Author Topic: Information from Brandon from IF Signing *MAJOR SPOILERS*  (Read 7029 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Information from Brandon from IF Signing *MAJOR SPOILERS*
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 04:35:55 PM »
It was still Archive last I'd heard a few weeks ago, but he said his editor wasn't sold on it.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 10:33:37 PM »
I'm actually not sure either way. It could be chronicle or archive.

Kaz, of course I saw it. I just thought it sounded like far too much fun to ask it again. Even though he'd already answered it like 90 times.

Chaos, his "Maybe...." when I asked about shard plate and shard blades being related to andonalsium was much the same.

Hero of Ages, are you saying we should all just start trying to guess what the address would be for this awesome chart and hope one of us eventually finds it? I'm game, if you are   ;) .

Hmmm... I'm thinking more and more that I need to arrange to read Dragonsteel and ask Brandon for White Sands and such. But i digress. Glad that everybody found my report useful. I actually got RAFO'd much less than I expected to.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Hero of Ages

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 05:58:33 AM »
IHero of Ages, are you saying we should all just start trying to guess what the address would be for this awesome chart and hope one of us eventually finds it? I'm game, if you are   ;) .

Hmmm... I'm thinking more and more that I need to arrange to read Dragonsteel and ask Brandon for White Sands and such. But i digress. Glad that everybody found my report useful. I actually got RAFO'd much less than I expected to.

I understood him to be saying that it would be like an Easter egg.

I have a copy of White Sand that I would be more than happy to forward to you, with permission from EUOL or Ookla of course.
I must not fear;
Fear is the mind killer;
I will face my fear;
I will let it pass through me;
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing;
Only I will remain.
-Paul Muad'dib Atreides-

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself.
-Me-

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 07:02:14 AM »
Just a side note: He said in an interview on his blog that the who killed question wouldn't be worked in until book three.  (I think that was in the original splitting announcement)
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 05:50:36 AM »
Link? I hesitate on this one, since I would think that if the information has already been given, he wouldn't be refusing to answer it and it would be all over the internet by now, especially WoT forums.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 05:55:28 AM »
See, and I'm trying to find it.  Although, the thought just came to me that he might have said it when he told us about the situation in class, so I'm going to check my recordings and see if that's what it was.  If so, I'm not sure what I should do because I was expressly told NOT to put those online.  I've got an idea, but really I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.  Meanwhile, I'll continue to look online.  But I SWEAR I read it somewhere.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 08:07:14 PM »
The official word from Harriet is RAFO on when and where Asmodean's killer will be revealed. Let's leave it at that.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Danimari

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 12:28:32 AM »
Alack and alas, I guess I should've stuck around to hear your epic questions... oh well.

When I asked him my silly question about Hoid's nonappearance in Alcatraz, I think he mentioned something about a steampunk YA novel called Scribbler (having a hard time remembering even though it was just last Saturday), but I don't remember its connection to the Andolasium 'verse thing.

Grah, I'm useless. But on the plus side, I'm no longer lurking! :D
Wotmaniac lurker.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 12:35:16 AM »
More then likely what he said was that Al and Scribbler AREN'T shard worlds, thus they won't have Hoid.  (That's basically what he told me when I asked about Hoid in Al.)