Author Topic: Do you associate any cds or songs wih any of Brandon's books?  (Read 1288 times)

Stu

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Around the time I got and was reading Mistborn: The Final Empire, i had also got the "Sawdust" by The Killers, and therefore was reading the book at the same time I was listening to the cd.  Because of this I now associate and remember Mistborn whenever I hear the cd, and I even believe that if Mistborn was made into a movie the song "Move Away" would work perfectly in the trailer.  Even the songs "Under the Gun" and "All the Pretty Faces" seem o fit the books atmosphere so well.

I was just wondering if anyone also associates cds or songs with any of Brandon's books.

revel

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Do you associate any cds or songs wih any of Brandon's books?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 06:15:42 PM »
Yeah both Breaking the Habit and What I've Done by Linkin Park.  Both seem to hit the mood for me during the Mistborn series particularly the Well of Ascension and Hero of Age.  Whenever I hear these songs it triggers memories of the books.

Omelethead

• Level 5
  • The Member Formerly Known as Gher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 09:02:54 PM »
Yeah actually. The Sufferer and the Witness & Siren Song of the Counter Culture, both by Rise Against. A few of the songs could apply I guess (Drones in particular, but plenty of songs about rising up/protesting/rebelling), but mainly it's just because I heard the Cds around the same time I was reading Mistborn.

I think it's one of the reasons I enjoy the albums so much. It takes me back to when I was first reading Mistborn.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 04:21:25 PM »
I'm surprised at how much this topic tends to come up.

I recently have been associating Hollywood Undead's Swan Songs album with Well of Ascension.  More so because I know the meanings behind the name of the album and the ideas intertwined within the songs more than the music itself, although if you look into the lyrics and what the songs actually mean it does fit quite well.

Name - Swan Songs is about how when a swan dies it makes a beautiful sound (supposedly, I dunno, that's just what Charlie Scene says.) and this album is about THEIR beginning. 

*To the book - The new regime is rising and the old one has died . . . seems to make sense to me.

Songs - I won't go into a lot of detail, but I can relate every song in one way or another, but for the most part the songs are about life and the things that happen in it.  For example 'Everywhere I Go' is about how people spend so much time partying and doing the things they want that they put important stuff aside.  Or the song 'Young' is about how no matter how unimportant you or someone else may seem, you DO serve a purpose and that seemed to be a big theme in this book.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。