Author Topic: Casting for Warbreaker  (Read 8227 times)

AGrey

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Casting for Warbreaker
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 11:46:46 PM »
Lightsong:
Neil Patrick Harris http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3788081920/nm0000439
(I'll admit I've never seen him act and never heard of him before this thread but solely on his looks, I like it. I completely disagree with Ryan Reynolds, no matter how serious of a part he plays I just can't take him seriously)

ok, just pulling a random NPH clip from youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB_xgHBnBP0
My old account demented_yam is on the Warbreaker acknowledgments page.  Awesome.

necronos

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 09:08:56 AM »
Nathan Fillion for Lightsong gets my vote, I'd also vote for Juliette Lamboley for Siri (didn't know who she was, but those pictures that Natalie posted the link to are perfect)

I think Robbie Coltrane would do well as Llarimar. David Wenham would be a great Denth with maybe Sean Astin playing Tonk Fah.

Monica Bellucci would be a fantastic Blushweaver IMO.

I can't think of anyone to play Susebron, but I think Peter Stormare is a fit for his high priest.

jeremy208: #FakeKings Wow, the world's first fantasy novel written in 3-D!. The words literally jump off the page. The fight scenes gave me bruises. Ow!

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 02:09:05 PM »
Monica Bellucci as Blushweave is pretty close to perfect!

“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 12:22:50 AM »
How dare you suggest someone for a part that Salma was nominated for that would mean less movies for me to ogle her would be made!!! the atrocity!!! :P
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

necronos

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 01:33:26 AM »
I'm sure Salma would make a great, uh... Allmother?

;D
jeremy208: #FakeKings Wow, the world's first fantasy novel written in 3-D!. The words literally jump off the page. The fight scenes gave me bruises. Ow!

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 04:22:52 AM »
You expect me to ogle an old hag? :-\
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

Valkynphyre

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 09:24:12 AM »
yeah, Lightsong has to be either NPH or Nathan Fillion. Otherwise the world will end.
I think NPH can play the part better, but i think Nathan Fillion could look and play the part.
I'm ok with Natalie Portman as Siri.

I think Nightblood should be voiced by Elijah Woods, not because his voice is creepy enough, but because he can do the voice calmly and lightly, especially when he's saying something creepy, thus making the voice EXTRA-creepy.

Salma Hayek would make a perfect Blushweaver.

Sean Dean as Bluefingers.

James Franco as Susebron.
Bow before The Worldbringer, Squirrel King![/color]

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 03:20:58 PM »
How dare you suggest someone for a part that Salma was nominated for that would mean less movies for me to ogle her would be made!!! the atrocity!!! :P

Lawl! I'm not going to argue against either Bellucci or Hayek for the part. They both are......ummm....perfect for the part. ;)
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 10:42:02 PM »
Hey if ink is interested in animation he could make a cartoon of all the books... it would be more cost productive and the film would be true to the books :P ;D :D

AGrey

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 05:27:04 AM »
OK, the cast is one thing, but what about the rest of the staff?

Has anyone here seen the movie The Fall?

Whoever is responsible for making that movie one of the best looking things I have ever seen needs to be in some way involved in the art direction of Warbreaker.

surreal, fantastic, and colorful, it's the perfect visual comparison to the way T'Telir needs to look

here:
http://thefallthemovie.com/
take a look at the gallery.
there are scenes that take place in 1920's California, and scenes that take place in a fantasy story one of the characters tells, as imagined by the little girl he tells it to.
My old account demented_yam is on the Warbreaker acknowledgments page.  Awesome.

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2009, 07:09:45 AM »
I'd like to audition for Bluefingers or Parlin, haha
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2009, 04:42:06 PM »
So make a youtube video acting out the parts you're auditioning for.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Valkynphyre

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2010, 05:01:47 AM »
Pretty sure Liam Neeson needs to be in there somewhere. Bluefingers? Vasher? Denth? One of the gods? King Dedelin?

Not seeing any bad options here.
Bow before The Worldbringer, Squirrel King![/color]

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2010, 11:48:54 PM »
OK, the cast is one thing, but what about the rest of the staff?

Has anyone here seen the movie The Fall?

Whoever is responsible for making that movie one of the best looking things I have ever seen needs to be in some way involved in the art direction of Warbreaker.

surreal, fantastic, and colorful, it's the perfect visual comparison to the way T'Telir needs to look

here:
http://thefallthemovie.com/
take a look at the gallery.
there are scenes that take place in 1920's California, and scenes that take place in a fantasy story one of the characters tells, as imagined by the little girl he tells it to.

I don't want to be too off topic here but I just watched the trailer for The Fall and you are right whoever did the imagery or art direction for this movie needs to be heavily involved in the making of Warbreaker.  Just the colors in the trailer were beautiful.  That one picture of the two characters on the cliff looking over the colorful blue city by the sea made me have a relapse of what it was like to read about T'Telir.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2010, 05:23:26 AM »
Post Dr. Horrible I cannot take Nathan Fillion seriously (way too cheesy!), and also cannot not pick Niel Patrick Harris for anything (Way to awesome!).
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier