Author Topic: Quality Assurance Sucks  (Read 2539 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Quality Assurance Sucks
« on: September 22, 2004, 09:36:44 PM »
I don't have anything against quality assurance for food or clothes or mouthwash. That kind of quality assurance is good.

It's the quality assurance of people that I find to be so demeaning. I kind of has that smug attitude that sales reps. and customer service reps. can control human behavior based on exactly how warm of a "hello" they give.

And of course quality assurance can nit-pick over every little detail. Which is fine for a can of pickled-herring, but not for people. There are just so many factors involved when working with people that expecting one sale pitch or realtion diologue to work for all of them is just moronic.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: Quality Assurance Sucks
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 10:03:16 PM »
Is this something to do with your job?
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 11:32:56 PM »
My current company is making fake/prank calls to all the hotels to assess the employees sales skills. Course they always pick the most inoppurtune time to call and they have a list of absurd things that actually annoy the customers more than convince them to stay at our hotel. I'm sorry, but hearing about local restraunts is something most callers want to know when I check in, not when their making the reservation.

I also had a simular experience at Sears Customer Service. Fortunately, the Quality Assurance people there got arrested and fined for harrassment. They claim they were testing for empathy skills in the reps, the reps claimed they were being abusive. I argee with the reps.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 02:39:49 AM »
I totally agree, its a joke.  Its like they are trying to suck all the humanity out of it.  If you are human, you will always have more empathy than some kind of pre-made script or other equally stupid idea.  The only real quality they are looking for is sales.  They don't actually care what a person feels or wants, only that they buy.  If their 'study' shows that being annoying will get more people to buy than being friendly, even if its only because the person wants you to shut up and go away, then that is what they will want you to do.  Because its all about the money.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 11:38:51 AM »
If my company does that, I don't know about it.  I truly doubt they do though, since all our calls are recorded and they do quality checks on those calls.  
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan