Author Topic: I've got mine!  (Read 7487 times)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: I've got mine!
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2009, 04:02:23 AM »
I know there's a lot of new scenes, but that's all I know about.

Also, I totally had fun at the release party.  I got #3 which was way awesome.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Wolfstar

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 04:30:55 AM »
Got it!  My local Barns and Noble had 5 copies, which is a lot for them when it comes to hardcover fantasy novels not within an established series... sounds like good news to me!  And while I was there, I managed to talk to a few other fantasy fans and push them towards some Brandon Sanderson works... so hopefully my campaign will yield some results as well.
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2009, 07:46:11 PM »
Mine's in! Amazon got it to my house on Tuesday.   I thought I'd have to wait.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Mitsobar

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2009, 09:49:20 PM »
I can't believe it. My local, and only new book store, in Muncie Indiana, did not have a single copy. What a waste of retail space for a chain book store.

I would have gotten it from a local independent book store if we had one.
You would think that a university town like Muncie (Ball State) would have a decent book store.

SO, I just ordered a signed one from Sam Wellers. If they are looking for a new place for a store...I know of an Indiana university town that could use a good store.

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2009, 07:07:52 AM »
Bought it at Barnes and Noble yesterday, just finished it now. Wow. Wow. It's late but I won't be able to go to sleep for several hours now. Wow. Have I said that already? And I've got a whole list other books that are on my reading list for the summer, but I won't feel like starting them for a couple of days. It's hard to read other books after I finish one of Brandon's. They just never seem as appealing.
"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible" - Jonathan Swift

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2009, 09:22:18 AM »
What is it with you people and your free time? :o

Yeah, I'm jealous. Spring Term is winding down, and I'm swamped. It was mere happy happenstance that I was able to make it to the release party.

Even still, I'm 50 pages in. ;D
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Ogge

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • ogrens website
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 11:50:45 AM »
ordered mine online today :)
"Kneel or you will be knelt."

www.sveaulvar.com

Euphrasie

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2009, 09:04:49 PM »
About half way...  just at the point where I know I'm about to be sucked in and spend the rest of the night reading till I finish--but still have the presence of mind to want to slow down and make it last longer...

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2009, 10:32:21 PM »
I can't believe it. My local, and only new book store, in Muncie Indiana, did not have a single copy. What a waste of retail space for a chain book store.

You would think that a university town like Muncie (Ball State) would have a decent book store.

SO, I just ordered a signed one from Sam Wellers. If they are looking for a new place for a store...I know of an Indiana university town that could use a good store.

and yet Noblesville Indiana, a hick town by comparison, had 5 copies, haha... oh, that's gold.
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?

Mitsobar

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2009, 11:22:17 PM »

and yet Noblesville Indiana, a hick town by comparison, had 5 copies, haha... oh, that's gold.

Grr....

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2009, 08:38:24 PM »
Just walked over to the BYU-I bookstore to pick mine up. It started raining REALLY hard while I was inside, and since I didn't have anything to put the book in (like a backpack), I used my body to protect it from getting wet....Now I am soaked. I haven't been this wet since Ireland....But I'm super-happy, cuz I've got my book. It's so pretty-ful...*sigh*
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."