Author Topic: I've got mine!  (Read 7075 times)

ryos

• Level 17
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
Re: I've got mine!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 07:52:40 AM »
Egads, that was fast. Did you do anything but read this past day? :o
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 08:06:33 AM »
I sent my husband and two oldest children off camping, made pizza for my younger ones, and put on several videos.
I am an evil Mom, but only when there is a book I really need to finish.

Wielder

• Level 6
  • Rest in Pieces
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 06:25:25 PM »
I sent my husband and two oldest children off camping, made pizza for my younger ones, and put on several videos.
I am an evil Mom, but only when there is a book I really need to finish.

Haha!  Oh the joys of parenting!   ;)

I am tempted to go see if our local store has it out, but I know they wont, and even if they did, I'd rather wait till Monday to buy it due to the bestseller thing.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate...and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
-Legacy of Kain

Ehran

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 02:53:39 PM »
BookScan numbers are added up from Sunday to Saturday, so if you buy it on Monday it will count as release week.

Just to confirm, I'm thinking about buying a copy today (if its at BN near me) and it will count towards first week's sales?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 04:08:43 PM »
yeah but...it's Sunday! :)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

MajSpike

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2009, 08:27:24 AM »
I put in an order through my local book store but they won't be getting it in until the 30th! >:(

maxonennis

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2009, 03:27:25 PM »
There were copies on the shelf at Books-A-Million in Oklahoma City this last Friday. That's where I picked mine up (I don't like e-books, they hurt my eyes if I stare at them for too long).
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”

kbob_o

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2009, 03:56:40 PM »
In case anyone's wondering what the problem is, it can mess up BookScan numbers for the release week (and thus bestseller ranking) if people buy their copies early.

I thought I heard this when Mistborn came out so when they called me last week to tell me my book was in I asked them if it would count towards the NYT best seller numbers since it wasn't supposed to be out until the 9th. I got put on hold then...
"Uhh, nevermind, we have your book and you can come pick it up on Tuesday."
"So I can't pick it up today then?"
"Uhh, no, but you can get it on Tuesday."

Now if I wasn't the one to point that out I'd be a little upset... especially if I got up to the register and got denied.

Fantomboo

• Level 1
  • I like PIE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2009, 03:36:54 AM »
I picked up my wifes copy tonight and mine should be on the way in the mail from sam wellers. Told my wife she could not start reading hers till I got mine.... she laughed..
Don't use words too big for the subject. Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite.
C.S. Lewis

FantasyAngel

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2009, 10:53:13 AM »
I picked my copy up first thing this morning and now just need to find the time to sit down and read it.  Although I don't see that as being to much of a problem.  :)
In a world gone mad escape into fantasy.

Ehran

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2009, 02:21:12 PM »
I'm going to B&N on my way to work today to pick up a copy.

Rrikor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2009, 04:27:58 PM »
You are not going to get much done at work today are you?

I haven't ordered mine yet. I order all my books from the Science Fiction Book Club.  Warbreaker is a feature selection this month.  I guess that means he is going to be getting more sales from the people who forget to decline there feature selections.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 04:30:30 PM by Rrikor »

Ehran

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2009, 05:51:05 PM »
I went to the local B&N and they wanted full publisher's price for the book. Are they insane? 
 :o

So I went online and ordered it from Amazon.   I added a book (see below) to the order to qualify for free shipping since it looks interesting.  I won't get the book until next week but at least the purchase will count towards release week book sales.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0316033677/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

The Way of Shadows (The Night Angel Trilogy)  by Brent Weeks.  Anyone read it?

FantasyAngel

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2009, 06:51:30 PM »
I read it and I have to say I found it to be a very good read.  It has a good story with some nice little twist, some great characters and the world building and magic is not too bad either.  It's one of my many favourites.
In a world gone mad escape into fantasy.

AGrey

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2009, 02:01:48 AM »
+1 to sales!

you got another sale in chicago today.

I won't read it for a while (still finishing feast for crows), but i'll slip it in to the book queue before the WoT reread i have planned for the summer.

just out of curiosity (without any details) how different is it from the early drafts?  I remember reading one of the first drafts back when the book was posted here as a work in progress.
My old account demented_yam is on the Warbreaker acknowledgments page.  Awesome.