Author Topic: Thank you Mr. Sanderson.  (Read 1255 times)

Midnight

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Thank you Mr. Sanderson.
« on: June 03, 2009, 03:58:06 AM »
Dear Mr. Sanderson,

I wanted to give you my heartfelt thanks for your great work, and for your work toward completing Robert Jordan's masterpiece-he couldn't have found a better author.

I drive a truck and listen to audiobooks and The Mistborn series was, without a doubt, one of the best audiobooks i've ever heard!  I have since bought them to give them a traditional read through, and you've been elevated to be one of my favorite authors. 

I have a personal and selfish request!  Get to know George r.r. Martin, so if he-God protect him-passes on with an unfinished masterpiece, you can step in and save us readers the heartache aswell. 

You sir, are a great man. 

Thank you!

Midnight.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you Mr. Sanderson.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 04:43:29 AM »
Heh. Check out Brandon's latest video interview where he says he's not going to write in someone else's universe ever again.

http://www.bscreview.com/2009/06/brandon-sanderson-interview-bookexpo-america-2009-video/
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Midnight

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 05:33:44 AM »
Oh well, I imagine it's a daunting task, and probably pretty annoying too.  It's okay though, the Universes he conjures up are plenty good enough. 

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 05:03:31 PM »
I bet he isn't!

I believe I mentioned in another thread that opening the universe to others is begging for bad sequels, because all the really good authors stick to their own.  Now we see why...
Nature hates being reified.

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 05:41:08 PM »
I just feel bad a little that Brandon has to shelve work he may never get back to. Though I shouldn't feel TOO sorry for him since this is still a great opportunity for him. From that recent interview I like the sound of the Epic Fantasy idea he wants to do, a world where magic is returning. Cause I agree there are alot, ALOT of fantasy stories having magic dying out.
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.