Which is better?

Pie!
17 (48.6%)
Cake!
16 (45.7%)
Cheesecake?
2 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Pie VS Cake: The Official Thread  (Read 44283 times)

Bastille

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Pie VS Cake: The Official Thread
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2009, 08:33:18 PM »
We need to get more people to vote. The polls are't doing anything.  :-\
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2009, 11:07:55 PM »
Ehh. 19 people isn't bad. We need to create awareness, though…hmm. Link it in our signatures, maybe?

(Btw, I like your siggy. Good poem.)
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Inquisitor

• Level 8
  • Lord of Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2009, 11:50:25 PM »
2 moar vote 4 caek!!!!!
Captain Commander of the Holy Vanguard of Kaz

I have recently discovered that pie cannot be trusted. I am switching full time to cake.

Cake shall prevail!

Come join us over at the Mistborn Forum RPG!
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mistborn/index.php?

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2009, 11:59:27 PM »
Blasphemy! He is using the call of lawl for cake's cause! Off with his head.
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2009, 01:01:15 AM »
Off with his head.

Apparently Henry VIII likes pie....Interesting. :P
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2009, 01:07:13 AM »
Apparently Henry VIII likes pie....Interesting. :P
Of course he does! Between the ages of 2 and 4 I refused to answer to anything but "The King of England". I also sang the song "I'm Henry The Eighth, I Am" and used the phrase "The King of England doesn't eat/do/clean [var]." Apparently I was just as crazy as a kid as I am now, which is comforting to me for some reason. *shrugs*

I have constructed a Venn diagram detailing a possible source of compromise: Cheesecake.

In the center of the cake square there you will see the Ocean of Decency. This is where cakes are actually quite delicious. Cakes in this area are of a perfect moisture, and can have a variety of frostings and toppings without getting out of hand with either. If you get far enough toward the corners you get deliciousness as well (Moist - Sweet Cream; Toppings - Flying Solo; Frosting - Caramel, Cotton Candy, etc.; Dryness - Wafers).

Pie has no corners, and so cannot be rated on so simple a scale. If I were to include all 360 degrees of deliciousness the diagram would look too busy and confuse half of the audience. You can assume that the degrees overlapping most centrally the square of cake are toppings, with the very center section made of the fruits. The 7th Circle is the most dangerous area to a pie-lover's palate, containing some of the most busy and evil pies ever made. While few cooks venture here, less return alive.

So, yeah! How about it, cake and pie dudes and dudettes? Cheesecake! It has the name of a cake and the deliciousness of a pie! (Naw, I'm just ribbing you cakers. :P But seriously. :|)

P.S. Has anyone else tried a pecan cheesecake? They are AMAZING!
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2009, 01:12:30 AM »
It's probably a good thing that the Wedding never happened....Hayley never would've known what she was getting into...I'm sure she likes her head....on her shoulders.

P.S. Has anyone else tried a pecan cheesecake? They are AMAZING!

My brother and my dad love it. I don't like pecans, so I'm not a fan. My favorite pie is chocolate cream, but I also really like ice cream pies--like strawberry in an oreo crust, with chocolate syrup on top. Delicious.

I voted for cake, though. Yellow cake and chocolate frosting? Mmmm. It makes me happy just thinking about it.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2009, 01:17:38 AM »
It's probably a good thing that the Wedding never happened....Hayley never would've known what she was getting into...I'm sure she likes her head....on her shoulders.
Yeah, you're probably right.
My brother and my dad love it. I don't like pecans, so I'm not a fan. My favorite pie is chocolate cream, but I also really like ice cream pies--like strawberry in an oreo crust, with chocolate syrup on top. Delicious.
Chocolate cream is a good choice, and for the record my favorite cheesecake is cherry. Or is that sherry? Or is that Sherry? ;););)
I voted for cake, though. Yellow cake and chocolate frosting? Mmmm. It makes me happy just thinking about it.
There must be some genetic thing that makes it impossible for me to understand why cake lovers love cake. :-\
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 06:18:12 AM by sortitus »

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2009, 03:35:50 PM »
Wherever you go, sortitus, you will always find bountiful supplies of ignorance. As you can see on this thread. *sigh*
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

WriterDan

• Level 11
  • Babble from below, bubbles from above...
    • View Profile
    • Shelfari page
« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2009, 05:33:06 PM »
There's no question about this.  A good pie will always be better than a good cake.  I'm not saying that there isn't any overlap.  There are definitely some cakes that are better than some pies, but when we're talking about the best of the best?  Man, no competition.    :D
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I review books at Elitist Book Reviews.  Check us out.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2009, 05:43:59 PM »
There's no question about this.  A good pie will always be better than a good cake.  I'm not saying that there isn't any overlap.  There are definitely some cakes that are better than some pies, but when we're talking about the best of the best?  Man, no competition.    :D

Quite obviously! Welcome to the battle, brother!

(as a side note: I will now start refering to all pie lovers as brother/sister, because it is cool, and makes us sound like we're some kind of cool 'Order of the pie' or something)
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2009, 06:19:40 PM »
(as a side note: I will now start refering to all pie lovers as brother/sister, because it is cool, and makes us sound like we're some kind of cool 'Order of the pie' or something)
That's siggy material, that is.

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2009, 06:43:08 PM »
We need order to our ranks. How about the following:

High Pie-ministrator (this could be only the leader's title. Also: Fellow Pie Supporters, we need a leader!! Who should has the filling to fit such a crust position?!)

High Knight of the Grand Pie  or High Dame of the Grand Pie

Knight of Crust or Dame of Crust

Scribe of the filling

Filling

Crust

Pie initiate
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2009, 06:50:29 PM »
Wonderful ideas all. Welcome, Brother Dan.

Hmm. . . .Well, since sortitus started the thread, I think he should be the highest position. . . .How 'bout if you first posted on the 1st page of the thread you get one high position, on the 2nd then you get the next one down, 3rd and you get the next one down, and so on and so on until we reach the page which equals the lowest rank. After that, all posters whose first posts were on pages AFTER that are the lowest level. And sortitus can raise you. OR each time we get a new page, people progress one something like that.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2009, 06:56:50 PM »
Wonderful ideas all. Welcome, Brother Dan.

Hmm. . . .Well, since sortitus started the thread, I think he should be the highest position. . . .How 'bout if you first posted on the 1st page of the thread you get one high position, on the 2nd then you get the next one down, 3rd and you get the next one down, and so on and so on until we reach the page which equals the lowest rank. After that, all posters whose first posts were on pages AFTER that are the lowest level. And sortitus can raise you. OR each time we get a new page, people progress one something like that.

It seems we have a nomination for sortitus, any one else fit for it, fellow pie-monauts? (for fairness sake, i suppose no nominating yourself, otherwise everyone might just pick themselves :P )

edit: Also, i suppose that since having a "leader" won't mean much if we give him some kind of power or something, he gets the power to give custom titles or something, outside of the standard ranks. Anyone oppose this? :P
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 06:58:22 PM by Eerongal »
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard