Author Topic: dragonsteel  (Read 6675 times)

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: dragonsteel
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 12:14:42 AM »
@Fireborn: It is a joke. There was a song that was nominated for an academy award in the South Park movie back in 1999 called Blame Canada.

In which Canada was in fact blamed. It's a great song.
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 08:16:47 AM »
And only partially a Joke.  Second City blew the lid off the Great Canadian Conspiracy back in the 80's.  From Lorne green to Greenday, it's a war.  After all, we've had more wars with Canada than with the British Commonwealth at large or even Mexico!.
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 09:24:44 PM »
Just remember friends, in the war of 1812, we Canucks burned the white house down ;).
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 10:26:32 PM »
Just remember friends, in the war of 1812, we Canucks burned the white house down ;).
Yeah, well, you guys invented curling, so I think we've got the better deal.
When to live is to die, and to die is to live, does either really matter?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 10:43:47 PM »
I love curling. The Simpsons curling episode showed a basic ignorance of the rules of the game (I understand the ones they broke because it was the Simpsons, but they could have been more accurate with a minimum of effort, like not having both teams use the same color stones) which was to be expected, but the game is actually very interesting. It's all about physics and mechanics, so it's very geeky.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 10:45:54 PM »
I love curling. The Simpsons curling episode showed a basic ignorance of the rules of the game (I understand the ones they broke because it was the Simpsons, but they could have been more accurate with a minimum of effort, like not having both teams use the same color stones) which was to be expected, but the game is actually very interesting. It's all about physics and mechanics, so it's very geeky.

It's the only Winter Olympics sport that I can watch besides Snowboarding. I can't get enough curling come Olympics time. I record every single one. ^____^

Recruit of the Omegas.

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 04:03:09 AM »
HBO's real sports did a terrific spot on Curling. It was pretty funny. Apparently one of the ice makers in Canada is a celebrity.

Plasman

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 06:55:16 AM »
so i thought there was going to be a discussion of something related to dragonsteel on this page. instead i get Curling???
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 07:45:37 AM »
My fault, sorry. I tried to be funny and derailed the thread. (Though, I think everything that will be said has been. There's not a lot to talk about because so few have read the book.)
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 09:07:18 AM »
Well, Brandon doesn't really want people to read it anyway.

Link von Kelsier Harvey XXIV

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 04:00:55 PM »
When I told him I had read it, he apologized to me because he thinks it poorly written.  I'm still looking forward to when he revisits it in the future.  Good story.
Your signature has got to go!
-Peter Ahlstrom

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 06:06:07 PM »
When I told him I had read it, he apologized to me because he thinks it poorly written.  I'm still looking forward to when he revisits it in the future.  Good story.

Why does he keep a copy in BYU's library if he doesn't want anybody to read it is the big question? Is it because it was his thesis or something and can't be removed? (I remember it being something like that)

Recruit of the Omegas.

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 09:04:21 PM »

Why does he keep a copy in BYU's library if he doesn't want anybody to read it is the big question? Is it because it was his thesis or something and can't be removed? (I remember it being something like that)
Yeah, it's his thesis.

KhyEllie

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 03:15:37 AM »
I suppose that he likes that fact that its almost never actually AT the library.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 10:41:29 PM by KhyEllie »