Author Topic: Warbreaker :: Release Party :: Extras  (Read 8443 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Warbreaker :: Release Party :: Extras
« on: May 25, 2009, 11:12:25 PM »
firstRainbowRose (Mi'chelle) and I (Chris) are planning some extra things for the Warbreaker release party.

We will have nametags for you TWGers.

We will have soda.

If everyone tries to bring an extra $2.50 we could order in some pizza for foodage.

Also I will be giving away a numbered copy of Mistborn: Hero of Ages (number 562).

Giving away will be done through people answering  a trivia quiz about EUOLs books.  I would like suggestions for questions along with the answers, please PM or email them to me that way they aren't just on the forums.

Those who get the highest scores (if there is a tie) will have their names put in a hat and we will draw for a winner. 

This should extend through all the people that show up, until we run out of copies of the quiz.  After we hand out the last one, we will give an hour or so for people to finish them then we will start to correct them to weed out those who didn't do well.

We are also planning to have names to be drawn to create your "reborn (is that the right word?  Sorry I'm rushing I have to leave for work soon) name".  Suggestions for those could be PMed or email to firstRainbowRose. 

Your help is much appreciated, also, if you have any other suggestions, please feel free to post them here or PM one of us.

Hope to see you all there!
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: Warbreaker :: Release Party :: Extras
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 02:02:45 AM »
Just to do some clarification, the names are going to be as follows:

In honor of Lightsong's line about their names being chosen by a monkey pulling paper out of a hat, that's what we'll do ('cept you'll pull your own name).  I will have three hats and that will make up your name.

So to use book characters:

Light+Song+Brave=Lightsong the Brave
Mercy+Star+whatever=Mercystar the whatever she is.

So if you have suggestions, please make sure to keep them in that type of format (the names don't have to be combos like that, since they'll just be chopped up.)  I'm also planning on having some odd ones like "Flower" or "Dead" or "Silly" so you could end up being "Deadflower the Silly".
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 02:30:31 AM »
I'm kind of wondering how much of a party this will be. If its in the BYU bookstore there really isn't a lot of mingle room. Is there going to be another room somewhere for people to hang out at, etc?
Who the hell is interrupting my Kung Fu!

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 02:46:53 AM »
Well, if this is in the same place as HoA, then we'll be really close to a set of doors that lead outside to a quad type area.  It's really big and we could easily set stuff up there.  Plus, there was a bit of room in the bookstore to do some stuff.  (Again, at least where we were.  I mean there was a group of, what, about ten of us all hanging out at the front of the line and we were just fine.  And are there really going to be more then ten or fifteen of us?  If not, please let us know so we can start to plan accordingly.)
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 04:03:14 AM »
There aren't that many people on the forums. I'd say fifteen is a good estimate.

Do you guys plan on being there for the whole duration?
I came because I heard stories, tales of a lengendary man.
A man who was known as the Lord of the Mists, a man they named Survivor.
A man called Hope.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 04:14:01 AM »
Well, Chris had decided he's going to sleep out.  I'm planning on joining him.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 04:36:05 AM by firstRainbowRose »

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 04:17:05 AM »
I will be there the full duration of the event.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 08:02:35 AM »
You guys are sleeping out? Wow.  :o

Keep a lookout for me. I'll be the one speeding by on a bike and throwing water balloons. ;D
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 02:46:24 PM »
Lol, nice try but the road isn't anywhere close to where we'll be. . . at least, not that I remember. ha ha.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 08:39:27 PM »
Well, Chris had decided he's going to sleep out.  I'm planning on joining him.

If I'm there, I'm sleeping out too :D
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 09:48:02 PM »
Lol, nice try but the road isn't anywhere close to where we'll be. . . at least, not that I remember. ha ha.

If you plan on camping outside the BYU Bookstore, you'll definitely be in range of my bicycle-bourn waterbombs of doom. Mwahahaha!

(I am, of course, kidding. I'm far too lazy to try and lug water balloons up to campus on my bike.)
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 11:13:00 PM »
Just FYI this year there will not be a long line of people waiting to get books signed.  Instead when you show up you get a number and a book that's all ready signed (and numbered) and then when your number group is called (say 1-50) you go up and have the chance to get the book personalized. 

So what this means is hanging outside might be a bad idea since you could miss your number call but on the plus side there will probably be pockets of people hanging out until their number is signed.  They'll also probably keep the area around Brandon clear of groups so those that have their numbers called can line-up.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 12:21:33 AM »
The way Brandon explained it it sounded like there would still be a line people stand in before 5:00 and they hand out the books to everyone in line in order at 5:00. Then if they want it personalized they can go to Brandon in small groups when they're called. So getting a low number still requires lining up early.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 05:12:14 PM »
But the having groups of numbers called actually makes this whole thing work out better because then people won't be overly worried about moving out of line after they get their book.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Wielder

• Level 6
  • Rest in Pieces
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 05:24:32 PM »
I plan on making the drive out there from Nevada.  I actually just took the time off and got everything squared away.

I saw this the other day, and thought I should reply...but I realized that I had locked myself out of my account due to password difficulties.  All figured out now.  :P

I'm going to be bringing a friend or two along as well.  I can't wait to meet Brandon!
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate...and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
-Legacy of Kain