Author Topic: MJ Dies, age 50  (Read 2998 times)

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 0
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
MJ Dies, age 50
« on: June 25, 2009, 11:57:03 PM »
Michael jackson dead of cardiac arrest

surprising death to say the least. As far as i'm aware he was in pretty good health!
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
Re: MJ Dies, age 50
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 01:27:28 AM »
This tweet sums up my feelings perfectly. It was way sadder when he went crazy than when he died.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 03:10:05 AM »
I dunno, it's sad how crazy he went, but there was a method to the madness.  If you look at pictures of him, and then look at pictures of disney's Peter Pan they're almost exactly alike.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 06:10:41 AM »
Apparently, he had been planning and practicing for a big comeback tour.

Who the hell is interrupting my Kung Fu!

RickyRich

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 07:10:04 AM »
This tweet sums up my feelings perfectly. It was way sadder when he went crazy than when he died.

I agree with this.

Me and my mom were talking today how when Thriller came out way back when, I was like six.  I actually used my own money and that was the first cassette I ever bought.  We went to the mall when it was released and I was doing my six year old version of breakdancing with the other dancers at the release. 

I listened to that tape every day, could do the thriller dance, moonwalk and learned to pop and lock, but never got the red thriller jacket I always wanted.  I did have a glove though.

Me and my wife and kids sat tonight and watched nearly al of his videos and the guy was what I would say the consummate performer...Then the plastic surgery, strangeness and the kiddie crap.  I feel like I lost my idol when that happened.

On another note why does my little posting window freak out when I go this low I can't see what I am typing?

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 10:07:15 AM »
Michael jackson dead of cardiac arrest

surprising death to say the least. As far as i'm aware he was in pretty good health!

Actually, he had some major problems with anorexia.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 11:38:20 PM »
I know many people who think he was never a pedophile he was just messed up in the head and people sued him because of the first case (if you didn't know pedophiles supposedly never make a one time only transgression though i don't know the truth of that)... and while i am still undecided i feel myslef leaning in their direction
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 05:18:12 AM »
I was extremely sad when I found out about this.  I personally think the people that sued him for molesting their children because they wanted to make money or become famous.  There was more pointing towards that yes, he was weird, but he wasn't a pedophile.  Their stories kept changing for one and most people closely involved, including the psychologist hired by the prosecutors said that he wasn't a pedophile.

I dunno though, no one will REALLY know for sure.  I personally believe he didn't do it.

All of that aside you can't deny that he was an amazing singer/dancer and he STRONGLY influenced and transformed the music industry.  Modern pop/rock wouldn't be the same if he hadn't been there.

I was very sad he never got around to another US tour.  I really wanted to see him, but wasn't going to pay to go to Europe to see him.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 07:06:17 AM »
I think his biggest influence in the music industry may actually have been in how he transformed the art of the music video.

If I recall correctly, he was the first person to ever put storylines into mvids.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 08:04:02 PM »
He was obviously very . . . ah . . . troubled, let's say. Wasn't he, like, $400 million in debt?
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

RickyRich

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 01:12:07 AM »
I agree with the others that I don't think he ever molested any kids.  I believe that he did have an image problem, he was never happy with his appearance. 

I think he had a pretty terrible childhood and never really got to grow up, and simply went the peter pan route.  When he saw himself with kids he thought of himself as one and a relationship that may seem odd or strange to a mature adult was normal to him. 

Who knows really, I know I was also hoping to see him on a US tour as well.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 01:46:25 AM »
I have a friend who is that way.  She has crap, I just had the name in my head until I started typing it, because I was telling my grandma about it earlier today.  She has this disorder where no matter what she looks like she thinks she's hideous, and she is actually quite a pretty girl.

Oh, I remember, it's body dismorphic disorder.  It's very odd.  She actually stopped going to school for a while because of it and how it made her feel about how she looked.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 04:17:19 AM »
He was indeed in 400 million dollars of debt... and calling him troubled is a good way of putting it. The comeback tour was suppose to generate him 100 million dollars too.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 01:17:06 AM »
Is that just ffrom the tour itself or from all the CDs and downloads and stuff too (that would almost definitely follow)?
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.