Author Topic: Shameless Plug: Virginia  (Read 1903 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Shameless Plug: Virginia
« on: October 27, 2004, 11:51:32 AM »
Unfortunately, today wasn't sunny like yesterday was. But I took some pictures of this tree anyway.

Here are the un-resized images
I also reduced them in size some, which you can view here. (smaller download size)

This tree was AMAZING in the sun. You needed sunglasses to look at it. the on ending in 51 shows that best. Most of the other shots are just different angles. Though 52 shows some of the other trees (already losing leaves) to show this isn't a unique tree. It's cool to come into work with a row of bright orange trees on both sides of the driveway. 53-57 were taken from inside the shop. 57 probably should have been taken outside, but I forgot and didn't want to walk back out there (I'm lazy). I love the ground like that. 56 also shows all the yellow trees in the parking lot.

We also have these two huge old oak trees. Their colors aren't as brilliant. Typically they just brown and fall.  And the tree right outside my window passed it's peak already. It was a fiery red for a while before a lot of trees even started turning. Now it's turning into a muted purple and isn't as great. Shoulda taken those pictures a couple weeks ago.

This weekend we're supposed to have tons of sun (sunday is predicted to reach the low to mid seventies). If it's sunny in the next couple days, I'll take more pictures of it.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Re: Shameless Plug: Virginia
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 12:03:25 PM »
crappy day there too eh? Yeah, it's pretty unbefitting today here in Buffalo as well. And just as an addendum, anyone going to be in NYC the weekend of Nov. 12th? I may be. If I can get off work.

And thanks, I'm about to take some shots of trees today too. These give me some good angles to think about.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2004, 12:09:38 PM by Gemm »
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 12:11:58 PM »
ALSO, I think those shots in your office would be a lot cooler if you could get more of a reflection from the stuff in your office. Try that out, see what you get.
                William S. Burroughs

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 12:23:38 PM »
i didn't WANT the stuff in it. I just wanted to see the ground and show you what the view was. I suppose I could make a cool artistic shot, but that's not what I was striving for. The sun just found a crack in the cloud. Unfortunately, I don't know how long it will last, and it's not at full brightness, so I'm probably not going to try.

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 12:33:40 PM »
Well then, you might as well throw down your camera, and jump onto it.
                William S. Burroughs